It's that time again, again.. (sig change)

Just when you think it's safe to bid on ebay..

Having a nice, peaceful, afternoon and just about to bid on a rather nice old Rover SD1 V8 on ebay, decide it's worth doing, and click "place bid"... throw my bid in, and there's a knock on the door...

"Hello, I'm Emmas husband, you asked about buying her Golf last year... if you still want it, then make us an offer. We're off to Lanzarote to live next week"

"Thought you'd sold it?"

"We weren't going to take the insult of an offer you made us, so we told you we had"

"Oh, so if I make an insulting offer, it's mine this time?"

"Ok, you can have it for

Reply to
Pete M

Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

It's also exactly the same way Richard Branson managed to buy one of the Virgin islands for £180,000 at the age of 24. Asking price at the time was £3million.

He was kicked off the island by the estate agent when he made his offer but months later, he got a call from the Lord who owned it saying his offer had been accepted.

Also, if you read the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" it advises you to go around making ridiculous low offers on properties etc and waiting for the desperate sellers to come to you.

Reply to
fishman

Stuff the golf - where did the 911 come from ?!

I must remember to visit in here more often ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

When you said Golf Convertible I thought you meant GTI - it's not a little

1.5 like Steve's is it?

Old VW carb'd engines are bad, mmkay. You want a nice reliable injection BMW ;-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:ow2ce.12054$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

nah, it's a 1.8 carb...

it's not got a bloody Pierburg on...

Reply to
Pete M

In news:d4q5nj$oc2$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Bob Sherunckle decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Company car, M'lord..

Reply to
Pete M

Oh yeah, Weber, sorry, my bad.

Those 1.8 carb engines are decent little engines when running well, it's just those s**te carbs VW used to stick on 'em that let the side down in a big way.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Pete M wrote: one, I'll have it"

Give you my Supra for it. Or the Sera if that's more interesting. I think I recall the insulting offer, but I'd simply hide it away until my Beetle goes back.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK