Italian car anyone?

"Nom" wrote

I can vouch for that. It did nothing wrong, ever. I thrashed it for 15,000 miles over 6 months. A tyre and an exhaust cost £26 for the lot inc fitting ant VAT _brand new_!! It had done getting on for 150k miles when I killed the original clutch (had a *huge* wad of history and no clutch documented).

It was really quite nippy and returned a good 40mpg.

Despite its amazing reliability, good economy and resistance to being thrashed, I _hated_ it with a passion. It also smelt weird inside, like crayons.

Sold it to a bloke who'd just got a job working for Lotus. He lived in Daventry and was to drive to Norfolk and back daily in it! He also paid £100 more for it than I did! Well that paid for the clutch.

Reply to
fishman

oth look very nice, but I'm somehow drawn to the second one as being more within my abilities and won't sit clogging up the drive.

Shame I can't have another one, and still have to shift the Saab.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

the 2nd is a pos

Reply to
Theo

well said

Reply to
Mason

"Mason" wrote

I disagree with you. This applies well to the car that is well known in the UK and everybody has had some exposure to them.

You haven't seen that car on the road let alone driven one or heard any reviews or opinions.

I reckon it was probably a really good hot hatch with a legendary engine. Shame there was no 4x4 gubbins but people could afford it because of this. Like the Focus RS et al but way ahead of its time. Quite closely related to my old Dedra turbo which was well fast and handled quite well but the Nuova Delta with its lighter weight and, shorter rear overhang plus less comfort biased suspension so would've handled really well for a FWD car. I reckon its closest cousin was the Alfa 145 cloverleaf.

Reply to
fishman

I agree, I like opels but thats orrible.

Reply to
REMUS

Yeah term starts on the 24th or 26th

P.S Its my b'day today my lessons finished at 1.30pm so me and my gf went to her place and I just got one hell of a shag *grins* sorry I had to say :P

Reply to
REMUS

How much? I'm getting sick of the Volvo and it's lack of go for 25mpg...

Reply to
Doki

P6B is the one with the v8, aka P6 "Buick".

And yes, you can bolt all sorts of interesting things onto it or quite easily replace the whole thing with a TVR 5 litre one, as the block is basically the same.

Mmm... nice...

Questions

Yeah, they're a wierd construction - sort of a spaceframe with removable panels hung on it.

Nice.....

Reply to
SteveH

Yep, the original Rover 3.5 (AKA Buick) was used in the P6 with the rope crank seal.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Makes you think inspector morse should be driving one doesn't it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamtroNspidar.com=20 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Don't know yet.

And on the Saab you will get loads of go for between 25-30MPG. Closer to=20

25 arround town only, about 27-29 mixed driving.

I offered it Pete M for the =A3600 he had, but for that I'm taking out the= =20 CD player.

He drove it, he liked it, but that damned TT Sierra estate came along=20 and buggered up my plans. Doh.

The car is advertised in other places for =A31200, but because I know you.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo

I don't currently have £600 to my name. There's about £2 in my wallet at the minute. Depends if you've still got it in a few weeks. Any pictures so I can work out whether I want to be going out drinking or not?

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamtroNspidar.com=20 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

burgundy than brown.Who needs a pricey induction kit.http://www.bouncing-czechs.com/imagery/Intake%20cone/ And I have the original airbox assembly should you want it.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo

Looks pretty tidy. Where's that lacquer you said was on the way out (other side :D)?

Was just about to ask that. Owt else done that might bother the insurance bods? (Googles. Thinks LV might be a better bet than NU.) Anyone know what you get back when you cancel a policy?

Reply to
Doki

And is the boot on a 900 so big that I can get an MTB in (with the wheels off) without folding the seats?

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamtroNspidar.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Wheels off with out folding the seat, or wheels on if you do fold.

Might even get lucky and get it in with the wheels on if you lift off the shelf and the seat up. the missus could comfortabley lie in it with the seat up, if she curled a little, and when we had to replace the telly, with the seat down we comfortably got a 28" TV in without any trouble in the box, and probably had enough room to do a months shop.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Excellent. MTB currently goes in the Volvo with the seats down and wheels on, but then I don't really give a flying f*ck about the interior of my £100 wonder :D.

Reply to
Doki

or this one:

Bigus