Launch technique?

You are unlikely to need an uprated clutch.

Stock ones last for fairly huge mileage and the only difference is in resistance to heat (plus the uprated ones may not last as long, as competition cars replace things like this more often).

The clutch you have must be able to transmit all the power of your engine. If not, then when pushing to this level you will simply be wearing out the clutch. If this is not happening, then the clutch will not be wearing out except when you slip it and only will heat up while that's happening. Rarely an issue. But the clutch must be able to transmit the engine power, you only want the clutch to slip when you want it to. Which is all about peak engine power.

Reply to
Questions

I ride a bike and drive a car on a regular basis, which is worth a hell of a lot more than your very dated drag racing experience. You don't even seem to know how much difference a wet clutch makes, ffs!

Reply to
SteveH

Maybe you should put your soap box away and stop being so obnoxious?

Reply to
DervMan

That would be wrong, then. Wheelspin is a kind of skid. A skid is where the wheel loses traction through moving at a different speed than the road would ordinarily dictate.

No, a wheelspin is a kind of skid.

Reply to
DervMan

Torotrak IVT or similar. No clutch, no torque converter, geared neutral. Gear ratio at standstill is infinite, to pull off the gear ratio is made infinity - 1, infinity - 2 ... until it becomes something useful and away you go.

It will ruin drag racing.

Reply to
Peter Hill

A clutch they say should never need to be replaced... in the normal lifetime of a car.

Reply to
Theo

His would probably be more correct than your probably more incorrect definition.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Infinite Improbability Drive?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I hate to be picky, but if that's your girlfriend you're referring to, shouldn't that be "fit blonde".

Or is there something you're not telling us?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thankyou for confirming my views.

Reply to
Conor

Actually that was referring to you.

Reply to
Conor

Oh dear.

What stock ones aren't good at though is surviving for long having

4000RPM dumped on them instantly from a standing start.
Reply to
Conor

Unless you do motorsport where wear of the friction lining isn't the only reason for failure.

Reply to
Conor

i meant casual road use, lol u know the way manufacturers intend u to drive the car....

Reply to
Theo

*ding*

It's not 'wheelspin' in the traditional, deliberate action that smokes the tyres sense, is it.

They're exactly the ones I was citing as 'crude' :-)

The one that was fitted to my Prelude VTEC was quite refined and effective by comparison.

Reply to
JackH

'Somewhere in the middle' ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Yes but not for as long. I never specified "wheelspin but not for long" just wheelspin. You claimed otherwise and they when you had it explained sterted vchanging your (but not the real) definition of wheelspin since you dont really understand whats going on, and still dont!

Rev it to the rev limiter, dump clutch and hear it squeal! PHYSICS dictates that it cant do anything else for about half a second.

Reply to
Burgerman

Yer my spellings crap!

Reply to
Burgerman

Correct is not obnoxious. Although I enjoy being so to people that insult me.

Reply to
Burgerman

Again you show a massive ignorance of already available and used real world solutions.

Reply to
Conor