Lets put it to a vote!!!

If it must be one of those then 2 but I hear there is a Passat for sale that's got to be better value than them.

Reply to
Depresion

I hear it's gone...

And it's green anyway :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I don't think that no 1 (the E36) is wearing its original alloys either... They're definitely OEM BMW ones, but I don't think that style was available until after the E36 had stopped production.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Three words Internal Boot Release. Just about every sedan made recently has one. Break window, push button and they are in the boot anyway.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

They are from a newer BMW

Reply to
Ronny

With the Panzer, you could lock the rear seat backs with the key and also deadlock the boot so it wasn't activated by the central locking - probably a good job given the dodgy locks VW used....

Reply to
SteveH

"He's got a real pretty mouth on him, don't he?"

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh. "Where you goin', city boy?"

Reply to
Albert T Cone
[...]

BMWs disable the internal boot release if the doors are deadlocked, which is the default when you blip to lock, and you can independently deadlock the boot with the key.

I'd still have bought a B10 Touring had one been available. :)

Alistair J Murray

I'd vote 2 too, provided it's a 330i, even though 1 is a better colour.

With Vamp's budget I'd probably go for option 3...

:)

Alistair J Murray

I think i prefer the 535i i posted up there somewhere.

Reply to
DanTXD

One of them parks on campus here quite a lot. Black one, and very nice it is too.

Reply to
DanTXD

No contest. 2

Still, I am 34.

Reply to
Phattitude

AIUI Selespeed is a robotised manual sequential "normal" gearbox with an automatically actuated clutch and buttons to change gear. The BMW 'Geartronic' is a lot more like a conventional automatic transmission with a torque convertor, no clutch and the buttons control how a electronic brain operates the valves and associated gubbins in the 'box.

I think almost all modern conventional autos have some degree of electronic control (I know my 1992 Carlton did) so I imagine adding the buttons to such a system is less hassle, as the principles that conventional autos work on have been around for donkeys.

Selespeed is new, has so far had relatively little development and judging by what I've read in alt.autos.alfa-romeo, can be a bit tricksy.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Pressing the interior lock or boot release on my current and last three cars without unsetting the alarm results in alarm triggering, and no unlocking occurs.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Selespeed is absolute s**te, the BMW SMG system is also s**te - it just happens to be more reliable than Selespeed.

Then again, *everything* is more reliable than Selespeed.

Reply to
Pete M
[...]

Black E39 Touring? Can you get more details/photos? - It's not known to the register...

Alistair J Murray
[...]

It's most likely Steptronic which is an adaptive auto with a manual mode which is a very nice gearbox.

Could, just maybe, be SMG which is not widely liked.

Alistair J Murray
[...]

Yeah, but he wants a coupé. 850i's a coupé...

Alistair J Murray

I'm doubting myself now - but i'm SURE it said B10 on it, and it definately looked the part, and its a touring and black, and it has those alloys with many spokes.

Reply to
DanTXD