local pikey cut'n'shut shop has a bit of mystery machine in.

Looked interesting when I was on my post turkey wander and cigar. =A31500. RHD K plate 1993 ish. Turbodiesel. Looks like an Izuzu Bighorn/Vx Monterey But it is badged, GMC, LTD and Handling by Lotus.

But no model badges. Wonder what it might be. No body rust visible and not much in the way of=20 dents/scratches.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

There was an Isuzu Bighorn 'Lotus Edition': for instance.

Did GMC ever badge engineer them for some other market? Googling for "GMC Isuzu" seems to suggest there has been a strong link between them... lots of US based 'GMC/Isuzu' dealerships.

Reply to
PCPaul

Could well be that they share a grille mould and someone has put a GMC=20 badge on then. Might take a daylight look tomorrow then. Did GMC ever make RHD vehicles?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Whatever it is, I can make a guess that it's not something you should be buying. But that's never stopped you in the past.

Reply to
SteveH

Doesn't matter. You don't want it.

Reply to
PCPaul

LOL, what has should got to do with anything. The A Team van was a GMC, and nobody calls BA a crazy foo'

Reply to
Elder

Yebbut, remember the episode when he said: "I ain't goin in no rebadged Isuzu"?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

MR T's GMC is the only GMC you should have on the drive IMO

Reply to
Vamp

That sounds about right, there was an Isuzu with handling by Lotus, the Monterey is an Isuzu Trooper rebadged, it was also sold with an Opel badge, GMC own Vauxhall and Opel.

Reply to
Steve Firth

GM own Vx / Opel.

GMC is a brand owned by GM.

Reply to
SteveH

I figured so.

I've heard mention of a few New Zealand models with GMC badges but engine/trans details. It seems UK Isuzu Trooper mainly diesel manual. JDM Isuzu Bighorn mainly diesel auto Vauxhall/Opel Monterey both diesel and petrol auto and manual US Isuzu Trooper petrol auto.

Haven't been able get the GMC details other than "yeah, some have the gmc badge but there are rare here".

I'm reckoning if it is a genuine GMC variant, and RHD and diesel, it is probably a New Zealand import rather than a Jap import or UK model.

Reply to
Elder

GMC stands for General Motors Corporation, also known as GM.

GMC is also used as a name for a division of GMC formerly known as GMC Truck.

The hair splitting contest is over that way ---->

Reply to
Steve Firth

This page lists some of the rebadging done to vehicles:

and mentions a Chevrolet badged version of the Trooper sold only in South America. As ar as I can see NZ versions would be badged Holden. However that list is far from definitive because it misses out the Honda Accura badged version of the Trooper.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yeah found that, but like you say not exactley all encompassing.

Reply to
Elder