MMMMMM sod the 1000hp skyline :)

The most impressive thing about the Ferrari is that it does it on shitty 92 octane fuel. Most of the Jap high octane cars are running Elf 105 octane race fuel.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

A lot of them are street driven too though.

And just because you have 1kBHP doesn't mean that you use it all the time.

The throttle pedal is not a binary device. Especially not with that kind of power.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'm pretty sure it was well shafted...

Reply to
Nom

no, it only (ONLY!!) gets 700hp on 92 octane, 1000 was on racing fuel.

Reply to
jeremy

which is easily acheived by skyline/supra etc etc etc. quite comfortably.

Reply to
Mason

Didn't some one post somthing about a 1.8 litre bmw block being used in F1 raceing produceing 1000 bhp? I cant remember the link but I think most F1 cars have pretty small block sizes dont they? (I dont know this but ill google for it after)

Reply to
REMUS

no they dont. :o)

Reply to
Mason

You are missing the point, useable/street legal 1000 bhp, I have seen several feature cars like i mentioned before like "Jun motorsports" 240 mph supra, they ran it at 1041 bhp but they detune it to 600 bhp for shows because it cooks piston rings and various other internals every 500 miles.

Reply to
REMUS

"A path of 1 engine for 2 week-ends from 2005, followed by a change to 2.4L V-8s from 2006 is feasible and is widely supported. At the beginning, there will be a performance loss associated with the longer life 2-race engines. Of course we will all work hard to recover the deficit, but the rate of engine performance development will be reduced relative to the current engines, which is consistent with the FIA objectives......

So would you say 2.4 litre isnt small......... if you dont know what your talking about please dont make shit up otherwise people will be dumber for meeting you. Even in 1995 most f1 cars didnt have engines larger than 3.5 litre, from my googleing so far.

Reply to
REMUS

I would call a 1.4 engine small maybe upto a 1.8

2.4l? nope.

stop arguing for aguing's sake.

2.4L is not small.

it's small compared to the size they used to be yes. but it's not small. especially not for something that weighs less than my trainers.

Reply to
Mason

And 1.5litres for turbo engines before they were banned.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Well I stated 1.8 litre as a figure and I was using that figure to ask the group the question "most F1 cars have pretty small block sizes dont they", sorry I snapped at you a bit, my gf is being a bitch becuase I the CD I ordered for her freinds birthday hasnt come yet, how is that my bloody fault?

Reply to
REMUS

hahahaha story of miy life mate! just watch the tone on here..it can be very deflating to think your opinions are discounted automatically....

but forget it..it's only the internet and i dont hold grudges/offend easily.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Yes, and that's why they're EXTREMELY unreliable - the whole point of this little thread :)

Reply to
Nom

They arnt that bad or they wouldnt use them. I mean whats the point in raceing if you dont finish half the time?

Reply to
REMUS

....most of them dont finsih half the time. :o| which F1 are you watching?

The engines tend to last one race.

and the development/manufacture costs are astronomical.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

When I watch it, usually 2 or 3 drop out, I know. But no where near half except maybe a Monaco where they just crash all the time :P Engines last more than one race (well at least the main parts), its just like drag racing, they have to be totally rebuilt after each race.

Reply to
REMUS

Engines last

so replacing most parts of most engines after most races....

if you replace the head hand handle of a mop is it still the same mop?

Reply to
Mason

Especially with RWD in the wet.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Current F1 regulations require a 3.5L V10.

BMW used the stock steel 2.0 4 cylinder block from the 2002tii for their F1 car. Short stroked down to 1500cc for F1 turbo class regulations in the 80's it reved to 11,000rpm. In the Brabham it pissed on everything else. Ran about 1400bhp for qualifying, would just last the out lap, 2 qualifying laps and the in lap. Then it needed a rebuild. If they needed a 3rd lap in qualifying it could be bad news, may not get anything back that could be rebuilt. The normal race engine was run at about 8-900bhp and was rebuilt after 300miles.

Peter Hill