Modding.

Modded my 2 cars today.

I put the hard top back on the MX-5. The 7 months it spent in my mum and dad's hallway haven't been kind to it, but it still looks shiny enough:

And then someone else modded my Polo with some chains and a HIAB:
was a bit gutted as I had great plans for that Polo. It was one day going to be a motorsport masterpiece and I was going to be a heroic racing driver.

Unfortunately I pussyfooted about and then I got ill so it's sat outside the house for about 2 years now. MOTless since February.

This morning, someone knocked on my door and asked me to give him it because he had a wife and 3 kids to feed. He eventually offered me £20 and proudly proclaimed "I don't even need the logbook" and I decided right then that I should do something about the dejected heap before he just came back and took the bits he wanted off it. I removed the nearly new battery and pumped about 10 litres of petrol out of it.

The breaker chap came and picked it up. He gave me some money. Yay.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I had a ring around about my old Golf. One place offered me £100 for the box and engine, or £100 for the entire car. And I'd have to get it there. Round here there's a bloke pays £60 a car just to weigh them in...

Reply to
Doki

I heartily approve of your choice.

This is also my chosen supplier of previously loved car spares.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle