More Ebay Goodness.

Believe it or not that came with 12 months MOT! I then did a 200 mile trip down the motorway in it. :)

Reply to
Depresion

How far away from my shed is it, and what sort of nick is it in again? I'm near Sheffield...

Reply to
Doki

Definite proof that you've got a smart wife. Give her a kiss or I will!

:)

Tom De Moor

ex-Alfa 75TS, sadly missed.. totalled on black ice on 31/12/00 at the enormous speed of about 50 kph. Bugger: I just fitted a new engine, lighted flywheel and stuff.

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Too smart, really..... I paid for it, she's driving it.

As she did with the Cinq. Sporting.... I only had it a year when she got it, and I got a 10 year old Escort in return :-(

This time, it's a bloody Primera.

Reply to
SteveH

Ah, there's nothing like talking up your sales :)

"producing around 110bhp" "and has enough power to embarass many so-called ?hot hatches? if you wish"

I think those two sentences are a direct contradiction :)

Reply to
Nom

33's weigh naff all and have a fairly nutty Italian motor. I suppose it depends what you think of as a hot hatch but to my mind this puts it round about Saxo VTS or 106/original 206 GTi territory if you look at it in terms of power to weight (although I am prepared to be wrong). 1.7ie wasn't the hottest model, there was a 1.7 16v IIRC, so it kicks the arse out of a saxo VTR, what one might consider an equivelant. The little Alfa is hotter than 'warm hatch' anyway.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That's good then :-)

33 1.7ie : 1130 kg, 108 Bhp, 109 lbft. power:weight = 95.5 bhp/ton 33 1.716v: 1140 Kg, 127 BHp, 110 lbft. power:weight = 111 Bhp/ton 106 Gti: 925 kg, 118 Bhp, 107 lbft. power:weight = 127.6 Bhp/ton saxo VTR: 925 kg, 90 Bhp, 100 lbft. power:weight = 97.3 Bhp/ton

The 16v is slightly hotter than the coolest warm hatch :-)

110 lbft is a bit weak for a 1.7 - I assume it's been stangled for economy/emission reasons.
Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Naaaaaaaaaaah - none of those cars weigh that much - or are they fully laiden weights or something? Also, the facelift VTR's have 100bhp :)

Reply to
Dan405

Heheheh thank goodness for disclaimers, however that does sound pretty heavy for the 33's. Isn't the Peugeot 405 around that sort of weight? Just shows me that I should bother my arse to check the figures next time. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I dunno how the weights are obtained. My two primary sources of information on these things are

and dervy's spreadsheet :)

100Bhp for the VTR gives...108Bhp/ton, so it's even closer. This is all a bit academic anyway - it doesn't take into account differences in gearbox/power train design, actual gear ratios, aeordynamics and all those other messy real-world complications. Still, I'd be surprised if a standard 33 1.7ie could embarass many 'hot' hatches.

Ho hum.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

And so does my car now, goes a treat! Adam H

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

Naaaah - (again) The spec on my 33 16v is 137bhp. Thankyou!

Adam H

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

Actually, it appears I got the weight of the alfa 16v wrong - it seems that the 16v is closer to 1000kg than 1145, which affects things a bit. At least you didn't have to get off your arse to get it wrong :) Still, the 1.7 is pretty weedy.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Lucky you. That seems to be the official power for the cloverleaf model, although in proper italian style it appears some early non-cloverleaf 16v's also had the 137BHp engine, and the rest had the standard 16v, 127Bhp lump.

In any case, the original point I was making was that the stadard 1.7ie, at

96 BHp /ton, is not likely to embarass many hot hatches. So there :P
Reply to
Andrew Kirby

aeordynamics

Agreed - i was just been bored :) My 405 is only 1050kg tho....

(1.6i)

Reply to
Dan405

Lets put it this way. It's contemporaries like the XR3i and Astra SRi are way down on the performance offered by the 33.

Reply to
SteveH

Completely wrong.

A 33 weighs in at around 970kg, giving around 113bhp / tonne. Which makes it considerably more potent than a Saxo VTR. Or an XR3i, or some of the hotter Astras, or a Golf MkII GTi 8v.

Remember, they're also relatively short geared and high-revving - producing a 0-60 time of somewhere in the region of 9 seconds.

For a sub-£500 hatch, I don't think you'll find much to beat it. Apart from a 16v version...... which, BTW, all came with 137bhp and a 0-60 time of 7.9 secs.

Reply to
SteveH

The VTR makes 108bhp/tonne - hardly means the 33 is 'considerably more potent' does it :) Plus, the Saxo would mince the 33 on anything really twisty, but the 33 would indeed mince any of the others you mentioned.

Agreed - as a bargain banger hatch with some go, you'd struggle to beat it, except maybe with a 205 GTi.

Reply to
Dan405

Hmm, my very short geared Mk2 Golf 8v weighs less than 900Kg, and has 112 bhp... claimed 0-60 for a B reg is around 8.3..

My Golf!

:-P

Reply to
Pete M

I may well do, if I can pick it up with the lorry. Email us some pictures and details of what it's had done to the brakes / suspension etc. and what state it's in would you?

doki (swirly a thing) clara dot co dot uk

The spidar.com address in the reply to is never checked if you've emailed me on that...

Reply to
Doki