More Ebay Goodness.

I'm on a 28k modem mind...

Reply to
Doki

A french car - ugh! Who'd want one of those?! (Especially as they can't even spell 'GIT' correctly)

Adam H

(The wind-up starts here.......)

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

And they're so undesirable even rust didn't want to associate itself with them :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thank you. I do my best to spread dissinformation wherever I tread.

mmm. Numbers... Golf Gti: 112 BHp, 907kg -> 123 BHp/ton Astra Gsi: 115BHp, 930kg -> 124 BHp/ton '86 XR3i: 103 BHp, 920kg -> 112 BHp/ton Also, from '98 the VTR had 100 BHp, giving it 108 BHp/ton

Anything over 100 BHp/ton, driven appropriately, can give 'lively' performance, but given that the old xr3i and the VTR are about as mild as hatches get whilst still having some pretensions to warmness, I think it's optimistic to claim that the 33 will see off many hot hatches.

But lacking in torque, which means real-world performance which is less impressive then the power:weight figures suggest.

Pretty much every source of info I have found suggests that the 1.7ie 16v had 127 BHp, and the 'quadrifoglio verde'16v had the 137, except in a handful of early models, which both had the 137.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

And it's just that little bit different which IMHO makes all the difference. Better than a kevved up VTR.

LL

Reply to
LiviLion

Me. Dan405. Carl Gibbs. Plenty of other people !

Reply to
Nom

(c:

I may be in the minority of course, but a swift look up and down my street confirms that an awful lot more people chose to buy french cars than Italian ones.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That's quite a drop in price. What does it need for the MOT?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Dunno - not much of a drop - last time it was £75.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ah, last time I noticed it was £350...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

In news:Tat8+ snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com, Richard Kilpatrick decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Price has only dropped because I need the space...

for the MOT, it needs..

2x strut top rubber things (£15 each) 1x rear caliper handbrake freeing (stuck off, not on) Horn fixing (wiring at steering wheel) washers fixing (stalk a bit tempremental, they work sometimes)

AFAIK, that's it.

Never been or needed welding, could do with some new plugleads and an oil change.

Front pads are close to death.

but as I need room for the Jag, the Merc, and the Alfa (The Merc is in my bosses driveway), it's cheap.

Reply to
Pete M