my next car I think...

Here I was, thinking that I will never get a convertible because where I live it'd need garage, armed guards and dogs, or be a two seater with a tintop, then this comes along...

Oh yes please... tears of joy running down my leg... now where do I sign and can I afford to run the T5 version...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

yuck! like the old C70, whats with the massive doors! volvo's look so bulky now, HATE the new S40 with it's stupid narrow tall shape!

Reply to
Vamp

It'll also cost as much as a decent ALPINA and have

Reply to
Alistair J Murray

of picking it up from the dealer. And it'll cost a damn sight less to run.

Plus there's no folding hard top Alpina, and a B3 convertible would get destroyed by the local "how can you afford that" brigade.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That explains why it never appeared in uk.rec.cars.misc...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

*snort*

YTC!

Reply to
SteveH

Yakama Tribal Council Yearly Training Calendar Yorkshire Terrier Club Yellowstone Treatment Centers Yukon Telephone Company Yorkshire Tile Company

Nope, not sure what you mean steve...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The last word rhymes with 'hunt'.

HTH ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Apparently it was meant to go to uk.rec.cars.misc

He's a bit of a TC, then.

Nah, about to send the old white Alfa in to be welded up to use as a track day car, though.

Reply to
SteveH

You don't know the half of it.

Reply to
SteveH

It's a ukrm thang! ;=)

Reply to
Anne Jackson

MRU

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Pleasently tidy.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar
[...ovlov...]

Yup, a lightly used one.

Which will get put through the front wheels of an open-top car - how much will get to the road?

Probably not, my B10 does ~20/gallon and looks to be wanting a service every ~13-14k...

Chain driven cams might even make it cheaper to run.

No fix for that, but do you want an open car @172mph?

Alistair J Murray

Eh, eh, eeehhh.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Insewerance? I'm reckoning on the T5 being Gp 16, and about 500 quid/yr for me. Alpina....

5 cyl engine means three less spark plugs?

No, but at 172mph I'd have the roof up. Roof down is for more relaxed cruising in short bursts on warm days...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Needs about 3 inches chopping out of the bonnet height. Bonnet should be no more than 6 inches above wheel arch or whatever they are using this month to hide it's excess height - panel fold, trim strip, two tone paint, grey wrap over bumper will soon date the car.

Reply to
Peter Hill

You looking at a different car to me?

Panel fold? you mean the Volvo characteristic Shoulder? and two tone paint???

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No they're not, they're just asking you to stop shouting. :) (Hint: the little key on the left with an arrow pointing up)

And as long as the donkeys are happy, who are we to judge?

Greg

Reply to
Gregoire Kretz

Yeah, I like it.

I really like the current S40 too - the floating-console is the greatest design feature ever.

Reply to
Nom