Need Alarm installation Cert - Where from?

My Saab has a Thatcham approved alarm but I've lost certificate. Insurance co want a copy of it. Can I just find a local alarm fitter who will check it out and issue another
certificate? Not ever having had this problem I'm not sure what to do...
Cheers
Mike P
says...

It's a manufacturer thing isn't it? I thought both the manufacturer and the alarm had to be approved didn't it? Then the installer completes the manufacturers certificate with his details.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Filthy Sod wrote:

Yes, but I'm not sure they'll issue another certificate. I know direct line (and presumably other parts of the same group) are happy with just a letter from an authorised installer to say ones fitted.
--
James

I've heard "I've lost my certificate" as a good way of getting your home installed alarm thatcham approved. I'd ring round the yellow pages.
Does thatcham approval make much difference to insurance?

Yes - it's slightly cheaper.
Then unless you can prove it was switched on they refuse any theft claim. That's because *with* it switched on the car can't be stolen. ;-)
--
*Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

My old Saab 900 T16 can't be stolen with it switched off anyway, unless the thieving scum want to go backwards everywhere. The fact I always reverse it up to the wall at night probably prevents even that :-)
Thanks for replies all, I'll ring round tomorrow and see what I can sort out.
Mike P
says...

I've had it on some cars where I have been refused insurance without a thatcham alarm fitted.