that's quite a big turbo i guess

Vamp

Good lord.

Reply to
DanTXD

And WTF blew sparks at the end?

Reply to
Elder

No idea. Now you know why we fit huge T4 turbos to little 1 litre bike engines! They make serious power because once on boost (if you can make em boost) they make much more power because they are not in the engines way. You get full boost from idle onwards though if you add a little nitrous as well... That car was just using a T5 or similar in the same way. But see how long it takes to develop boost...

A standard car sized one boosts at 3k rpm. Once it does so its already in the way of the engine and hurting power. Diesels need even smaller turbos that boost just off idle. Because they make so little power without boost they couldnt pull away properly otherwise. So in the case of the deseasel the turbo is really in the way from 3k onwards...

Reply to
Burgerman

Indeed. That's why most diesels have a power band narrower than a gnat's G string. Ye Olde Audi was best between 1800 and 3000 rpm followed by the next gear. Makes a 2 stroke bike look friendly and accomodating.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I've got a 2 stroke motorbike. I'd rather have Ye Olde Audi. Or walk.

Reply to
Douglas Payne