new kia farking ell

just seen the ad for the ceed or whatever kia are calling their latest bit of tosh,
one thing caught my ears.
7 YEAR WARRANTY.

FFS 7 years. damn they must be confident

Not confidence - desperation.
says...

A bit like a certain company that sells their own badged version of another of the groups car and stuffs it full of toys as well as lowering the price by 25%?
--
Conor

The United States, increasing quality by lowering standards since 1776.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Just so that vertain members of their driver group can stand their with the 25% more expensive version, chest puffed out, pointing and proudly boasting "STD!!".
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

The whole Skoda vs VAG pricing is a myth, too.
An Octavia has a few extra toys compared with the Passat, but has cheaper trim and isn't *that* much cheaper - however, the depreciation on the Skoda is significantly worse.
If you compare the Octavia with a Jetta, which is about the same size, then there's nothing to pick between them.
Besides, Skodas are for pikeys who can't afford the VW equivalent. Everyone knows that :-P
snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk says...

Yeah, but the last person who paid for an STD was unlucky enough to get busted for Kerb crawling, that same night.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

No it isn't. You pay a grand or so more for something with a VW badge that has less toys than an equivalent use Skoda vehicle. Adding to match specification shows that VW cars are relatively tight, equipment wise.

It has many extra bits and pieces.

The new one? Barely. The current Passat is a disappointment. I prefer the older generation. I suspect you do too.

No, the expected depreciation, artificially inflated by lease companies, shows the Skoda in a poorer light.
Give it a few years and we'll see.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

*snort*
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

I like the look (looks a bit punto/stilo), but I want to know how they drive, if they expect it be with me for 7 years.
Mind you, the Magentis is growing on me. Has been for a while.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
says...

7 Years on the engine/transmission, 5 years on everything else.
--
Dan
Formerly DanTXD

They're still shit, though.
The whole warranty thing is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy them..... the only people who'll keep a Kia for 7 years are old giffers who drive about 2 miles a week, so they're highly unlikely to have to pay out under warranty.
says...

I'd rather have a Ka. Seriously. With window winders and no Aircon.
<violent shudder>
--
Dan
Formerly DanTXD
SteveH wrote:

I'd have one of these though:
http://www.tropheeandros.com/pages/photos/2007/02_VALTHORENS/grandes/LP0E5306.jpg
--
Abo
BATracer: Browser Based Racing Simulation:

Kia are doing an offer where you get 20 if you test-drive one.
I'm booked to test-drive a Magentis this week!
David
snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com says...

Let me know what you think of it. -- Carl Robson Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com Now Playing at home:This Mortal Coil-The Apartments, &quot;Mr. Somewhere&quot;
Rob wrote:

Marketing spin. They won't have to pay out on a warranty that length any more than they would on a 5 year one.