newsgroup servers

was thinking of changing my broadband over to someone a bit cheaper and have a been giving a few to try, trouble is most offer no newsgroup access. whats a good cheap alternative server to use anyone know?

Reply to
Vamp

Assuming you're not looking for binaries,

and
are free but probably have posting limits.http://news.individual.net/ is 10 EUR a year if you need something more reliable.

Reply to
Homer

How much posting do you do? If it's not too heavy, and you are looking to save money, give google groups a whirl for a couple of weeks. It's free, and not as bad as most people think.

Reply to
conkersack

individual.net Only a couple of euros a year, but no binary groups. Very reliable though.

Reply to
Elder

Albasani = free; text only, no binaries

Reply to
Abo

Most of the free or cheap servers (ie, motzarella.org and individual.net) don't do binaries because of the cost involved. For a binary feed you're pretty much looking at the more expensive providers like Supernews or Giganews.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Wot he said

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Adding to those already mentioned.

freetext.usenetserver.com Text only. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've been using Google Groups for ages now. There are disadvantages but for the amount I use it, it's fine really.

Reply to
fishman