oops - dervy did a doki...

Oh dear.

I haven't been on this NG in absolutely ages and the first thing that I read is that Dervy is crashed... such is life.

Dervy man, I've joined the ranks of the Derv with a Volvo S60 D5 - maybe worth a look-see? I love it, and 60+ mpg on the motorway is always a good thing. Equipment is excellent, it's rock solid, safe, good looking and not at all slow!

HTJ

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

Oh I think they're grand - but too expensive...

Reply to
DervMan

Not for Hugo's dad ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

ROFL. Are you still shagging the insurance company heiress Hugo?

Reply to
fishman

Sorry to hear about the crash Dervman, but it's good to see you are still about rather than Kermit ;-) Watch out for friends buying you a set of castors for the roof of your next car, as happened to SWMBO when she rolled my Volvo 240 estate :-)

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

You can get some good examples for not as much as you may think, some good ones come up on eBay and I've seen some sell for as low as =A36,000.

HTJ

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

Insurance company heiress might be overstating it somewhat, but I assume you mean Ellie?

No.. she's now living in Cali. I'm still here in the UK!

I feel like a comeback might be in order, even if only to piss off SteveH if he's still prowling these groups! :-)

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

He is, and you should :-D

Reply to
DanTXD

If you've not been sent a bill for large bits of road furniture, you weren't trying.

Reply to
Doki

The shell of those cars is *very* strong IMO. Nothing much bent on mine and I crashed at 60. Bar the big dent in the roof above the driver's head, which I avoided somehow through a combination of the seat angle adjustment mech going wrong and hanging onto the steering wheel.

Reply to
Doki

There's a road here with a low bridge. Doubledeckers get driven into it quite regularly. You'd think that a) they wouldn't put double deckers on that route and b) the drivers would realise.

Reply to
Doki

I will now also do what I always do when someone gets driven into:

Ring helphire and get them to sort it for you. Costs a tenner, but you'll get the actual book price for the car rather than a 70ish percent and a equivalent courtesy car (but you'll probably be getting upgraded to a Fiesta anyway :P). That bloke with an Alpina B12 and scottishy name used them a bit back.

Reply to
Doki

That's twice budget.

Reply to
DervMan

I miss my S60. Get it down to Hamish and upped to 210 bhp. YKIMS

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Buy two then!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

One for each foot?

Reply to
DervMan

Evolution mate, sooner or later the double deckers will make it through. ;)

Reply to
Questions

Yup , either the buses will learn to duck , or the bridge will get pissed off and start to jump

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Hamish?

There is a 204 bhp upgrade from a place called Volvo Tuning in the Midlands - is that who you mean or are there other places that can map a D5?

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

The Ka must be worth more than =A33,000 ?

Find =A34k from down the back of the armchair and you'll be sorted for a good D5 ;-)

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones