oops - dervy did a doki...

Yes, but I don't want to spend that much.

As you do. Not an option, sorry.

Reply to
DervMan

Thats the man - Adam / Hamish will sort you out - new map avalailable for

210 / 215 bhp.

Worth every penny - overtaking becomes more interesting, as does finding the limit of top gear...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp
[...]

Sofa?

Alistair J Murray

Have you tried a tuned D5? Was your S60 a D5? I thought you had a 2.0T?

A 215bhp map sounds pretty interesting! I bet the torque is top notch too.

Any side effects on the car? Will it blow up on the way home?

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

Lol - mine was a 2.0T. I did 110k miles in it then sold it. No ill effects (other than police attention) and top speed went to 160 (which we were all shocked about). Short gearing on the 2.0T made the acceleration in 2nd and

3rd quite crazy. Fuel economy was probably the same but I drove it so hard I'd never found out.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Fuel economy was the same as what?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

As it was before it was chipped...?

Reply to
DanTXD

;-)

Reply to
Ken

They quote the original S60 figures before mapping as 177bhp and 426NM torque.

Volvo quote 163bhp and 340NM torque. Whats this all about?

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

before ECU mod.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bit mild compared to the Rica.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

BSR are wrong.

Old D5s were 163/340. New (2005 6 spd Euro IV D5) is more - 185/400

Rica upgrade is to 210/450 for the old D5 motor. 226/460 for the new one.

Just noticed they do a big upgrade now for the T5 - 400bhp (includes lots of other bits like a bigger turbo), and the R - 440bhp (ouch)

400bhp through the front wheels - sounds like fun!

Tim S Kemp

We have neither.

Reply to
DervMan

A lightweight tank,.

Reply to
DervMan

Try turning your piggy bank upside down and shaking it...

... oh yeah, you did that on Tuesday.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I know it's grim up north, but I thought that even people from the wrong side of the Pennines had moved on from upturned tea-chests.

Reply to
SteveH

And you shook me today!

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, but no money came out.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I like the way you can change the map yourself with the BSR thingy whenever you want, free software updates etc

And the BSR gives more torque.

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

I have no idea about Blackpool way...

All of our furniture had to fit in the Ka...

So I figure if we get an 850 TDI estate we'll get better stuff to sit on at home...

Reply to
DervMan