OT: Back

Really?

Nice.

Reply to
JackH

can't be any worse than moving to wales, wales is full of welsh people!

Reply to
Vamp

my dad and uncle had the same view when we went to daytona. they went there expecting to hate the americans. they came back liking them and was amazed at the customer service they got at all the shops in the mall and how helpful and friendly everyone was. i could live in the US quite easily just a shame it's so damn hard to get in and there medical care sucks!

Reply to
Vamp

he is basing it the same way he bases his opinions on cars, by having no experience on either and hating everything that isn't in wales or made in italy.

Reply to
Vamp

Ahh, yes.

The fake 'have a nice day' shit.

Just f*ck *right* off with that.

I appreciate good service, but not that scripted s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

Says the man from Essex....

Reply to
SteveH

You're hardly in a position to criticise.....

Chavalier Jap crap Nikasil E36 MINI

Reply to
SteveH

What's wrong with that - I'm sure most red blooded males would prefer to shag something wearing stilleto shoes rather than stilleto hooves.

Reply to
JackH

Yes, they announced it last week on the Embassy website. You can no longer use the Visa Waiver scheme if you have a "conviction" from a UK court and they spell out that "conviction" includes speeding fines other than fixed penalties.

Since they are recorded on your licence, if you have your licence with you, denying the "conviction" would be silly. Penalty for attempting to enter the USA on the Visa Waiver scheme and them finding that you have a "conviction" is to get sent home, at your cost, without you getting out of the airport.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Heh.

You've seen the size of the baps on Welsh women.....

I'm quite happy with where I live.

Reply to
SteveH

Most Americans also don't have a clue.

Yes. I can't say I want to go back. I'd rather go to France or Italy.

Nowhere is bigger than the horizon, and that's a constant.

What makes a country is the heart and sould of the people and in that respect America is a very small place populated by midgets.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes. But in Essex it's the males that wear the stilletto shoes and indeed the frocks.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You appear to be confusing Essex with Brighton.

Reply to
JackH

Say I wanted to plan a trip to Italy....

Where, in Northern Italy, should I go, what is there to do, and, most importantly, is it going to be cheaper than France? (which is getting almost as expensive as Iceland / Norway / Sweden etc these days)

Hotel chains to use or avoid would be good.....

Reply to
SteveH

that's if you go to the main chain restaurants which i found a little s**te, in florida there are loads of little independent restaurants, me and my dad went to this Italian which was within walking distance of my cousins wifes fathers motel we was staying at, the restaurant was run by some old boy and his misses and both were Italian, didn't speak a lot of english but he was friendly enough, 2 courses and a beer each (well dad had a glass of wine not a beer) and it came to less than a tenner each! there was also a sea food place down by the river which was damn nice too! and all the waitresses wore next to nothing! small t shirt and tiny shorts and all had a nice southern accent.

next time i go back i want to see a nascar race and at night if i could bet that's awesome!

Reply to
Vamp

huh go to there supermarkets and compare there fresh fruit to ours it's 100 times better!

Reply to
Vamp

Worse, AIUI even being arrested gets you that grilling, even if no charges result and you were innocent of any wrongdoing.

Coming back to the UK, the immigration stance at Gatwick was a lot more unfriendly though. I was not impressed.

Reply to
Clive George

My Oz cousin got rejected here though. He was over for a wedding, but because he's currently unemployed, they wouldn't let him in. Despite his UK-born parents being in Europe at the time and being prepared to offer to guarantee him. I thought that was pretty poor.

Reply to
Clive George

Did you or your doctor try shopping around? Waiting times vary wildly across the country, let alone between hospitals in the same authority.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
[snip]

Well firstly, 'fresh' fruit in the UK is s**te, Cryoshield rubbish that goes from unripe to rotten in a single leap. But then so is fruit in America. In fact in America it's far worse, because they spray the fruit with Alar and god knows how many other chemicals, wax it, and produce much of it with hydroponics so that it's large, tasteless water bags.

If you want fruit, go to Spain, Italy, France where you will get decent fruit in season and the varieties available change day by day as different varieties become ripe.

Reply to
Steve Firth