OT: Back

There's that, and of course the little bit that a lot of people here are missing when they wax about how easy it is to get into the UK...

Try it on a non-UK, non-EU passport and *then* compare it to the experience in the US. You'll find it's not that much different.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yes, but the issue here is that there aren't that many neurologists that were available at short notice at that time. The ones that my GP thought were good all had quite a long waiting time.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yeah the difference is Vamp, you can't help being from Essex, SteveH moved to Wales on purpose.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Truth is you're a wannabe Yank, so are likely to be the most blinkered of the two of us.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, my father, RAOC Yugoslavia, 1946-1948.

We've only just finished paying for it.

But wouldn't provide AWACS for us.

Officially sat on the fence politically in case it hurt their own relationship with Latin America.

Americans believe they play much more important roles in major conflict than they did.

Because that's what Hollywood tells them they did.

Erm, no. It's the whole basis for starting wars they have no right to start.

Reply to
SteveH

Do you routinely lift weights of over 32kg over your head in enclosed spaces? Even if you do, would you expect others to do so for you?

I feel pretty certain that your luggage is treated the same way the world over once it disappears from your view up the belt and through the hole at the check-in desk.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Too right. The only place other that Italy I ate decent Italian food was in Florianopolis, Brazil. A top little restaraunt run by two gay Italian dudes who'd emigrated from Bologna.

Generally, yes. I'd prefer if it was an Italian or Latin bird though ;-)

Oh no, now I'm starting to agree with Steve F too :-(

Reply to
Mike P

You're both right to some extent ;-)

Reply to
Mike P

I never had a problem..

Reply to
Mike P

I just got on plane and went. Filled in some card thing on the plane. End of.

Reply to
Mike P

Since when? I've had two of those, no one checked/bothered.

Reply to
Mike P

Well, that's changed my mind then. They can f*ck themselves.

Reply to
Mike P

I take it you've never been to Atlanta? The baggage handling was shit, one case got badly damaged and one got lost. That was me, in March. In Sept when the wife came back from Bogota via Miami, both her bags got badly damaged

Reply to
Mike P

Apart from the fingerprinting, it's no different at all IME.

Reply to
Mike P

Talking of having too many items, I was in Tesco the other day and grabbed a little trolley (was midway through the day and only popped in to get a few snacks, but every time I don't even bother with a basket I end up grabbing so much stuff that I can't carry it, so took the safe option). Went to the self-service checkout. 10 items or less, said the sign. I counted 15. Scanned stuff through anyway, no problems.

Now you'd think that, if they had any sense, they'd actually limit the software to scanning 10 items.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

So far I notice it's the ones who have a rep. as leaning towards the chav end of life who like the USA.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Since within the USA it's only possible to purchase hormone boosted meat, hormone boosted milk, GMO wheat and soya and hydroponic bloat vegetables I have no idea what you think you are buying.

I'm willing to pay for good food, and I do. No amount of money will buy you decent food, well prepared in any State of the USA.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No really true, if you were to read the Visa Waiver you would see this;

"Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or been controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?"

The words Moral Turpitude are what you need to look at, So even though the website says motoring convictions unless the motoring conviction involves Moral Turpitude then you DO NOT have to declare it and obtain a visa, drink driving, reckless driving, speeding and minor traffic violations are all Crimes not involving moral turpitude.

Reply to
Ronny

I just find it amusing that the answer might be no to all but the last bit, but could be yes to "are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?".

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I'm always struck by how UK fruit & veg meets that description compared to elsewhere in europe.

Reply to
Chris Bartram