OT: Back

lol nice, true i guess i did live in london for a bit then my parents moved into essex, it's not the best place in the world but i can think of a few places that are worse than where i live, like reading!

Reply to
Vamp

you aint been to basildon have you lol

Reply to
Vamp

I have. Pikey doesn't even begin to cover it. I had a brief period of living in Essex, much against my will. It struck me as remarkable. No decent restaurants, no decent pubs, no social life to speak of. People either sit at home or drive around a bit. I lived in Maldon (dump), Bocking (dump), Chelsford (huge dump) and Kelvedon (dump with a seekrit nooclear bunker).

AFAICS Essex and Suffolk exist to give the Septics somwhere to have airbases in an area that no one will miss when the bomb drops.

Reply to
Steve Firth

52nd. US got a much better deal from the Iraqi government regarding staying on to help than the european allies did.
Reply to
Elder

Says the man driving the hollywood dream in the very near future.

Reply to
Elder

So manchester wins by default then, no Welsh.

Reply to
Elder

Can't do that anymore. You need to apply online 14 days in advance.

Reply to
Elder

You are kidding aren't you? Manchester's so close to North Wales that it's full of Welsh. Not only that but they don't get homesick because it's possible to receive S4C and BBC Wales in Manchester.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ha, so my missus, who has one of the most useless passports in the world, can get into the US without problem from the UK as she has a 5 year umlimited entry visa already.. and I have to do some online bullshit first? Fuck that.

Reply to
Mike P

You're confusing Manchester with Liverpool.

Although it appears that North Wales is populated by some odd Welsh / Scouse crossbreed.

Reply to
SteveH

Must have been giro day and they were all queueing in the supermarket for their supercider value bucket meal deal with large lard on the side.

Reply to
Elder

Nah, they've got to go to Henley to get that. Waitrose don't sell it, Tesco is up in Henley about 5 miles away :-)

Reply to
Mike P

There areas like that in Birmingham, and some bits of Luton are close.

Reply to
Elder

Cross to Zeebrugge or Rotterdam, drive across Belgium, down through Germany and Switzerland and through Gotthard. France need never and should never be involved in the journey. Time your journey to be able to Vmax the car on the Autobahn.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

What's that like in terms of potential trouble from leaving your car there? Safe enough?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

LOL - I've never seen those types inside the Waitrose in Twyford (the only supermarket - it's not a huge place). They do cracking bacon rolls in the morning though.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

There should be a shorter word for that... wannabank, wannank, wa...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And cause the queue to stop moving while your order is cancelled off and you're moved to another checkout?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hmmm - there was a real good steakhouse near my hotel when I was in Orlando, of course being good it got sold to someone who only cared about making 35 bucks per plate and from the last friend who visited there I reckon it's a reason to eat elsewhere.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Don't US tax returns have a section for "earnings from illegal or criminal activities"?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp