OT ipods

WTF?

Then I have nothing more to say.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Very little source code I've looked out could be described as joyful.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh puhlease, only the terminally stupid make such claims. You are never going to read the source code for an application. Even if you did, let's face it the chance of you knowing what the f*ck it is doing is a cat's in hell.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Conor certainly isn't - he thought a Steinberg XSKey was for encrypting data...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I'm not but plenty can and if there were something dodgy in there, it wouldn't be kept quiet.

Reply to
Conor
[...]

Linux is much more like TVR - loads of styling choices, same engineering underneath, heaps of power.

Alistair J Murray

Breaks down every five minutes and costs a fortune in maintenance?

Perhaps it's best not to go too far with analogies.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Is that a question or a statement?

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

I ran a 1967 TVR as a reliable daily driver for ~18 months...

There was some fairly faddy care and feeding going on, but it was entirely reliable until I broke a rear suspension upright trying to make it fly. 8/

It was entirely useless for many things that people commonly use cars for but it also did many things with consummate ease that more common cars would struggle with.

So, yeah, quite like Linux.

Not *too* far, but some way.

Alistair J Murray