OT: (Music) The Bravery

I saw them on Jules Holland last night and I was quite impressed, I should be going to see them in manc on the 29th, anyone else catch them? I reckon they are the best band out this year in any class.

Mind you there hasnt been much competition lately...

I was just wondering what music you guys were into and if you had listened to anything good recently.

Reply to
REMUS

William Shatner cover version of Pulp's Common People.

Class.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

William Shatner's new album.

Class also.

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

William Shatners' old album "The Transformed Man" - Class.

you've never heard music murdered til you've heard "Mr Tambourine Man" by Shatner.

Reply to
Pete M

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Or The Ballad of Bilbo baggins by Leonard Nimmoy, or their duet version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

What about Rolf Harris's version of Bohemian Rhapsody?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

He version of 'Stairway to Heaven' is much worse.

Reply to
SteveH

Arabesque, particularly "Japan Ist Weit", Sandra's "Maria Magdalena", late Hall & Oates, Cliff Richard's "Wired for Sound", and of course...

Seona Dancing.

One of the greastest bands ever. Check out More to Lose if you can find it.

Richard. (What? What!?).

BTW: If you want to know what I'm into, there's a clicky URL in my sig :P

Reply to
RichardK-PB

In news:cn75ol$csc$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

usual eclectic mix really

Hayseed Dixie, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Supertramp, Abba (I know), Genesis - "Selling England by the Pound" is getting a hammering this week, Marillion, Rammstein, The Eagles, the BeaTles, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, David Bowie, Snoop Dogg - Doggy Style, Half Man Half Biscuit, Led Zep, Ozric Tentacles, Hawkwind, Beth Orton, U2, Peter Gabriel, Simon and Garfunkel, Tom and Jools, Dr Dre, Yes, White Stripes, Cuban Boys, Aretha Franklin, Kraftwerk, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Jethro Tull, Prodigy, Chemical Bros, OMD, Mussorgsky.. the list goes on...

anything that doesn't involve "bouncy bouncy happy happy" allegedly "Dance" music is alright by me.

Reply to
Pete M

The Smiths are my current favourites in the car, but I'll generally have a load of late 80s / early 90s Indie on random play on the iPod.

Reply to
SteveH

Yep. Stairway to heaven does not need a wobbleboard solo.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Whatever Radio 2 plays when I'm driving, so new stuff "Scissor sisters", Marron 5, Snow Patrol etc, etc, plus all the old standards.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar