OT:SP30 marvellous!

That's another 60 quid down the pan. Traffic pigs eh? What's the word?

Reply to
JohnR

How fast?

Mobile camera, fixed camera, speed trap or random pig mobile?

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Random pig mobile. Hand held money maker. Well hidden, caught me doing 44 in a 30 apparently. Major urban dual carraigeway this BTW not some leafy cul-de-sac. 44 at 573 feet. I thought it was a 40.

Reply to
JohnR
"

Hard lines mate. My only points are 36 in a 30, again it was a main (A) road,it was a mobile camera thats caught me.

Mason

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Yeah - it just reinforces my opinions m8.

Reply to
JohnR

It's probably a road where they can make a fast buck without any real effort or concern for real safety!?

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

True, I certainly do so on a regular basis. That does not somehow magically make it 'right' tho.

Speed cameras are shit, but they are out there and you *know* they are out there. It's a game, 'they' set the rules (which are widely publicised) and 'you' choose whether or not to play by them or to cheat.

It's not, it's his fault because he gambled and lost.

I mean, how many times has he gambled previously to this and won ?

I can't ever remember seeing a post in here from JohnR proclaiming triumphantly that he broke the law and got away with it. Nor can I remember seeing a post from any Constables proclaiming that they were gypped because he won that day.

Reply to
LordyUK

Police Officers i think you mean? What a sorry state we would be in if they were not around. Why not join up, start a revolution?

Liam

Who the hell said speed kills? Wasn't me. I'm the last person who would say that. I was having a go at the stupid pratt for bitching that he'd been caught doing 44 in a 30 limit like it was everyones fault but him.

Wow big deal. Does the S badge make your poxy gutless shitbox go faster? Thats about 30BHP lower than what I'm driving now and about

1.8L and 4 cylinders less than what I used to have. Hell its even the thick end of a litre and 80BHP less than my missuses last motor. As well as that, compared to my main drive its about 300BHP less, over 9 litres smaller, 1750lb/ft torque lower and missing a turbo. Oh, and about 50BHP lower than my "weekend car" as well as lacking Billies and a LSD and two cylinders...oh, and an image too.

Difference between me and him is I didn't whine like a girl the one time I got caught doing 56 in a 40 in a custom 3.5l Rover V8 by a copper standing behind a tree with a speedgun at 7am on a Sunday morning on a deserted D/C - must've been the straight through sidepipes that gave the game away...

Thats what gets my goat. If you speed, take it like a man. Don't bitch and whine about something you deliberately did just cos you got caught.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Why the f*ck?

If you are going to modify your car, you want to be able to drive it. Drive too fast too often on the public road, the law of averages (one you can't actually break) says you will get a tug.

Do it too often, you have a nice shiney modified car you can look at. If you want to go faster than the limit, either be very careful on the road, or take it to a track.

I never mentioned anything about reckless driving or anything like that.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah I expect you to drive your car faster than normal people/car's because they are capable of going much faster at greater stability than a standard car/normal person would want to. Otherwise, why modify an engine? Might as well put a body kit and all that other "stick on tat" and leave the engine as it is where it can't be seen or do nothing at all. And just for the reccord i'm a fan of aesthetic and performance modifying.

Obviously I don't f*ck about on road's that have heavy usage, but I bloody enjoy myself on the back road's, I like to go faster where I can.

Reply to
REMUS

Since when have the people jumping out from behind hedges with speed guns been 'Police Officers' ?

Erm, they *aren't* around.

They've been replaced by little boxes and do-gooders from the local vicarage who've been given a van and a LIDAR gun...

Reply to
LordyUK

To make it perform better. People also modify the suspension of their cars to improve the handling of them - it doesn't neccessarily mean that there's no point unless they break the speed limit. There's more fun in taking a car close to its limits on twisty back roads, and nowhere near the speed limit, than breaking the speed limit on a straight clear road.

I think we all do, but it doesn't neccessarily mean breaking the speed limits.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

English literature and History.

Reply to
REMUS

Certainly but that's mainly due to the fact that driving over the speed limit of 60 would endanger you and others, on those back roads you are driving to the limit of your car and skill (and your telling me once you hit an open section of road you won't floor it past 60?). I don't mean that you should break the limit's just because you can, I'm just saying you are more likely to due to your nature of enjoying car's and speed.

I don't mean constantly, I just mean I expect them to be broken more often.

Reply to
REMUS

" "

Point proven.

Thanks for that.

Reply to
SteveH

If you knew anything about English literature, which you quite obviously don't. The AS, A and University courses do not comprise of or include a wide range of language skill's, there is more to intelligence than just spelling & grammar. Are you university educated, I think not some how...

Reply to
REMUS

Actually, I am.

Did 3 years of a 4 year Environmental Chemistry course, but gave it up to go and earn some money instead.

As it happens, my wife is a graduate, with an English Lit. A-level - her written English is exceptionally 'correct'.

However, we were both educated back in the days when 'university' meant just that - a real, olde-worlde university, not the local college renamed.

Our A-Levels were also worth something, too, being of a higher standard than some so-called 'degrees' these days.

I'm constantly shocked at how so-called 'educated' people can be so downright ignorant of basic English and totally lacking in basic maths skills.

Keep digging, Remus, you're a prime example of where our 'educational' system is failing.

Reply to
SteveH

It's one thing to break the speed limit, but quite another to complain about being caught.

Reply to
Questions

Remus, in my d'ay, degree student's were exp'ected to know when to use an apos'trope, and when not to. And to not start sentences with 'and'. And stuff.

It wasn't to do with intelligence, just the ability to learn basic information.

You're, sorry! Your demonstrating why education is fai'ling the'se day's.

I only hope its deliber'ate.

Reply to
Questions