OT:SP30 marvellous!

Thats "too fast", not "to fast" and you've confirmed what I thought about English Lit students...thick as dogshit and can't spell for shit.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Depends. Alot of people from my generation and older see the inability to spell simple words as a sign of stupidity.

Reply to
Conor Turton

What do you expect when the pass rate for an A grade at A level is around 55%? AFAIR according to a newspaper article a while back the pass mark for A level was something as crap as 35%. Fuck me, I've sat exams where the bottom pass rate is 75%.

Reply to
Conor Turton

You have greater expectations than me then.

Yes I might like to out accelerate or break someone, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go faster.

I think you would be surprised the ammount of times I'll accelerate to the limit for any road, and be able to hold that speed through the corners because the road in front is clear, only to have some Micra or Saxo that I left for dead gradually creep upto my bumper, try to overtake and abort several times, then have them brake for every bend, then break all limits to catch me again.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Actually he is right there.

Eng Lit graduate here too. My spelling an grammar is border line GCSE, but I graduated.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Could be worse mate, at least he doesn't use TXT SPK ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Believe me Conor at uni these days, on Eng Lit courses, spelling means little.

Eng Lit tends to me the Sociology of literature and as political crap as we can make you think you can see in a book.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just spotted this bit.

19 and still doing A-levels.

Are you in the 'special' class, then?

Reply to
SteveH

Right here it seems :D When i go back in Sept, it will be my 5th year :) Although i suppose that includes 1 non-my fault year out.

Pfff, sod that, i'm never leaving my village now we're getting broadband :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Nah Dan, you're an amateur. My brother has been at Uni now for a decade. On his third course. Not actually completed any yet although he's in the last couple of months of this one - a law degree - so there's hope. Now though, he's waffling on about becoming a teacher so there's another 12 months as a student.

Good for you.

Reply to
Conor Turton

I pity the poor kids who'll take this A level/Degree then be laughed at by the people doing the hiring/firing for whatever job they intend to apply for.

Worse still, alot will become teachers and pass the same (lack of) standards onto their pupils.

Reply to
Conor Turton

thing is, they aren't encouraged to learn to spell, because they should have done that at school, and everything has to be wordprocessed, so spell checkers can fix a lot, but not all.

Ah, but you aren't allowed these days to discrimate these days, even at degree level against anyone who is educationally or intellectually different. So almost any muppet can get on degree course. Even a teaching degree.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Not sure, I was doing that at 26? Can I be "Special" too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

And this was declared to the insurance at quote time? Yes insurance companies do read this NG, and yes insurance companies do=20 share info.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

You'd better hope so, dear.

Ian

Reply to