OT:SP30 marvellous!

You can't hack university, you probably can't hack real life. So you spend time on the net ridiculing people because of your inadequacies, the most recent occurrence was during "Sold the R5", having the audacity to insult mason and his wife to be blew my mind. How the f*ck some one like you can look down on me with such contempt is beyond comprehension.

I do sincerely hope you lighten up a little one day man.... After today I will be rid of you again so you can sit in your puddle of discontent, no one with your attitude could possible be happy.

Reply to
REMUS

I am typing to fast and not reading what I have written. What the f*ck does it matter anyway? Hardly makes it less readable and this is not some intellectual haven for genius.

Reply to
REMUS

I somehow doubt that REMUS grasps the concept of irony for all that to be deliberate.

He just seems to be yet another fine example of why a university education is becoming increasingly devalued in this day and age.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Here's a hint: I appear to be vastly better educated then you, this qualifies me to look down on you.

I sit here in a nice house, happily married, 2 classic cars (one of which has still to run, when I can be arsed working on it), one boring German exec. saloon and a couple of bikes in the garage.

HTH.

Took you half an hour to write that, did you have to get the help of a responsible adult?

Reply to
SteveH

Reply to
REMUS

Argh! A typo.

As I said, I cringe when I do that.

Reply to
SteveH

More like the Alfa male, hehe!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Erm, it wasn't a comparison of assets I was looking for - it was a hint towards my nice, happy lifestyle.

So f*ck off then.

I can look down on you if I like, as I'll look down on anyone who claims a 'university education' when they can't even use an apostrophe properly.

Reply to
SteveH

But it does. That's my point.

It really doesn't take that much longer to compose a post that uses correct grammar, even less time to run it through a spell check (unfortunately my chosen newsreader doesn't have this option).

It just shows a general lack of care about something I feel is quite important - not bothering to use correct English on a medium such as this will soon filter down into the real world and before long only a very small proportion of the population will actually have the skills to write 'proper' English.

Reply to
SteveH

I know my high school education was crap, it was labelled a failing school one year after I had enough of the place and moved to a 6th form collage in England. Newtown was a complete shit hole, two of the teachers had been chucked out for punching kid's, I hated the environment there and the atmosphere. The gcse results I got where mostly from further study a mixture of B's, C's and one A in English but that was hardly an achievement it was simply a case of spitting out information I had absorbed. I re-sat my AS levels at my new 6th form and instead of getting the un-classified result's I received B's and C's of which I later upgraded in the Jan resit's.

And now I am sitting my A level's in May/June and very excited at the prospect of it too. I know my English isn't perfect and in the past educational standards where much higher but I use what I have got to the best I can.

Reply to
REMUS

So you think that possessions equal happiness? Sick in the head, deluded little fool.

Sorry I phrased that wrong since there are some nice people here, "you are not on my highest list of priorities".

You sound just like a spoilt little brat I know, and I didn't say I had a university education.

Reply to
REMUS

But surely just 'cos you think it's quite important, doesn't mean everyone has to does it :) ?

I'm not trying to start some big ruck here by the way :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Ah, I stand corrected. You're still at school aren't you.

Reply to
SteveH

You seem to not be able to comprehend a basic sentence.

From the impression I get, "spoilt little brat" is about as far from the truth as it gets concering Steve (not that he needs any help fighting his corner....). And no, you didn't say that you had a university education, but you pretty much implied it:

And while we're on that subject, these courses might not specifically comprise of or include a wide range of language skills - that's because those skills are assumed to be already there. It's not difficult, ffs.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No, it should have been "has to, does it?"

:)

Reply to
DanTXD

Oh yeah. D'oh!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hello,

I don't see why you have the cheek to complain. You were caught speeding, that's the end of the story. Lots of major dual carrigaeways are often

70mph. If you could not tell what the speed limit was then there can only be two reasons. The first is that you were not being very observant which could reflect your standard of driving, the second is that there were absolutely no speed limit signs or indications anywhere along the road of the speed limit. If the second is true then object to paying the fine and go to court. If it's a case of just not being observant then tough really. Don't speed and you will not get fined, the same applies to everyone.
Reply to
Brian

And? My second car at 17 years old was a Rover SD1 3.5l V8.

Nope.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Is that the same English Lit where they tell you that it doesn't matter a toss about spelling as long as you get the meaning across?

Reply to
Conor Turton

ROFLMAO. Plenty of "professional students" at Uni because they can't hack real life.

Clue dumbass, Uni is nothing like real life. If you think you have it bad as a student, god help you when you get out into the real world.

Reply to
Conor Turton