[OT] Speaker problems...

Right, 1993 405, Pioneer 6500r head unit, Pioneer 3 way 200w in the front doors, Pioneer 300w (i think, can't remember) 6x9 3 ways in the rear shelf. The right rear speaker on the shelf is very quiet, it works, but is MUCH quieter than the rest.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Its not the speaker cos i tested it with another one...

Cheers

Reply to
Dan405

It's either the amp for that corner dying or else the wiring's damaged.

My money's on the wiring, esp. if it's a hatchback where there's a danger of flexing it, stretching it or crushing it. First step is to visually examine the cable for damage. If you can't see any then pull the head unit out and try connecting the spare speaker directly to the back of the H/U to eliminate the wiring.

Alternatively, if it's all ISO sockets, it might be easier to drop the H/U into another car to test.

Reply to
Scott M

Shoved another head unit in, worked fine, mine must be shafted. Bollocks. Still, the new excess of bass drowns out the knackered speaker nicely :D

Reply to
Dan405

Might be worth whipping it apart to check where the connector is attached to the PCB and look for a damaged solder joint.

Reply to
Scott M

I don't have these kind of skills :) But i know a man who does...

Reply to
Dan405