OT: When a cover version is better than the original

Sheer genius.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

you sick freak!!!!! :)

Reply to
dojj

If you lived closer, i'd be kicking your ass right now.

Reply to
DanTXD

I can understand that a bit better than the original.

Reply to
DervMan

It's like half a Shirehorses version or something. Quality.

Reply to
conkersack

Shirehorses?

I think I prefer Mambo Kurt myself. :)

Alistair J Murray

Mark and Lard from radio one, a few years ago.

Those crazy europeans.

Try that on for size.

Reply to
conkersack

Ahhh...

That's only dreadful, Mambo Kurt is wilfully bad. :)

I'm afraid I rather like Frank Chickens too...

...and I like the fact that there are two Lenny Dees - one plays gabba hardcore, the other a Hammond organ *even* *faster*... =8)

A( sick puppy)

Reply to
Alistair J Murray

iawtp

Reply to
dojj

What? A guy called Francis Chickens or some brutally honest poultry? Either way, I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with that.

Lies, not possible. Actually, you might be able to help me out here, do you have any idea who it was who re-recorded a load of techno songs years ago, but each instument used on the tracks was a bagpipe? I've been trying to find that one out for ages.

Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack

Two Engrish singing Japanese girls - great songs like One Million Hamburgers...

Amazing, but true.

I discovered the organ playing Lenny under Worrying Circumstances...

I left a bunch of LD DLing overnight and in the morning dragged the first 80 mins. worth into my CD burner and popped the resulting CD into the car's CD magazine...

Fortunately the road was straight and free of obstacles when I learned of the second Lenny.

Ooooooh! Want!!!!!!

Your search is my search too. :)

Alistair J Murray

Wierd. I was listening to a Lenny Dee live set from 1994 on the way to work this morning. Suffice to say I made it in record time.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Say no more mate. I've an overnighter in Tokyo in mid september, quite looking forward to it.

I'm going to have to look out for Lenny and his organ, am quite curious now.

Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack

I reckon Lenny's worth about 5 minutes per hour. :)

Alistair J Murray

Yep. Good stuff. Especially with the new flywheel and clutch on a wet road.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

How are the new bits?

Reply to
DanTXD

Great. Clutch is solid and not too grabby. Pedal feel is still fantastic. And lightened flywheel has improved throttle response no end. Stalled it a lot of times because the clutch takeup point has changed but all in all not bad.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston