Paging the Dojj bloke, or Sierra people.

"Pete M" wrote in message news:43ea55f8$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

Someone else to do it for you by the sounds of it :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Carl Gibbs wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Heh, well, if someone else has already done it, they're very useful to know.

I don't doubt that I could do it myself, but if there's someone who's done it often enough to be able to do it in three hours then surely I'd be daft not to try and enlist their help? Especially when it'll be my daily driver..

Reply to
Pete M

Yup, imagine that with 4x4 :) only seated 2, but was road legal.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

"Pete M" wrote in message news:43ea55f8$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

some plugs will plug striahgt in on the later cars but you have to make sure the wires from the donor would be from the same vintage they changed from the 90-91 cars to the 92-94 cars on the granada, most niticably being that the later cars get 2 fuseboxes = right pain in the arse

a few gone on ebay recently for that sort of money, there is this one at the mo

and don't rule out the fact that you will have to use beefier suspension, springs and the like to carry the eaxtr wieght of the V6 lump

it's best left to the pros, but you only need a box for your car, you can flog the one you are taking out on ebay as a cossie item, people have literally ripped my arms off seconds after i put them up for a buy it now price of £100 as it's the same as the 4wd cossie item ;)

that was a special favour for me with someone else doing the donkey work, by someone else doing the loom stuff, main part is building it all up in the first place ready to swap, thats what takes the time, plus you need to get an exhaust made up as the granny stuff fouls a little bit

there are loads of things that are just so easy on this job it's unreal :)

Reply to
dojj