Phaeton W12

He is Belgian, started with Ford, moved then to the VAG-group (first with Audi, did a very succesfull stint with Skoda (Octavia / Fabia) and moved up to Bentley). Google "Dirk van Braeckel".

Another Belgian designer of the same caliber and within the same VAG- gropup: Luc Donckerwolke. (Audi, Lamborghini, Seat)

The VAG-environnement seems to be a happy one for Belgian designers.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

That was me that posted that.

Car £900 Insurance - £185 IIRC, it might have been less actually. Road Tax, would have been £185, but his wife is registered disabled so that was free........

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Sometimes, just sometimes, there are posts on here that make me proud to be from this lil' island...

Reply to
Pete M

Talking of which - can someone like Steve Firth please buy that £15k W12 Phaeton, so that there's a careful owner, who won't have been a tightarse on maintenance, for one of us who wouldn't touch it until it's a grand or two's worth to buy it off when it's worth a fair bit less?

Please?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Yes, 'registered disabled' is a cause for celebration on Merseyside ;-)

One step up from the dole.....

Dey do, do, don dey, do.

Reply to
SteveH

Having considered several ripostes here before eventually deleting them all, I trust you accept that there are some genuine people out there ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Oh, ffs.... sense of humour failure?

I just found it amusing that PeteM, a Scouser, posted about being proud to be from the UK in response to a post about free disabled road tax....

Yes, there are genuine cases out there, and there wouldn't have been a joke in there if it had been anyone other than PeteM replying to you.

Reply to
SteveH

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Indeed. But who'd be proud of their wife being disabled...?

Reply to
Adrian

I can sense the tone of this thread turning a bit nasty.

"Pru - it's kicking off!"

Reply to
AstraVanMann

That's the man yes.

Reply to
Elder

Well: I am happy for your brother and I think he's got a nice car.

The mainland European burocraty/taxsystem kills such a car (in the=20 Netherlands they even have a tax on the weight of the car).

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Tom De Moor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not all of it. France has no annual road tax.

Reply to
Adrian

If that's how it came across, then I got it wrong, that was never the intention.

I'm done.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

Hmm, but I did that with the Exploder and I don't see people queueing up to buy that.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well I have heard that there are large swathes of South Wales where invalidity is a career move to far. They don't have the drive to climb the giddy ladder up off the dole. Faking the limp is too much like hard work.

Reply to
Elder

Erm, are you sure...? Then it would read...

"And the award of the September 2008 usenet predictability award goes to........."

The original worked better for me tbh...

Reply to
DanB

I'm going to advertise the R27 tmrw. If I decide I need an auto luxo-barge, I promise you, I will go buy that :-) Why not eh?

Reply to
DanB

Yea, but it's full of French people.

Reply to
DanB

I have thought about DSG Mk5 Golf GTis - if I decide to get another car. I once said on here I heard they'd had some reliability issues. Then I couldn't remember where I'd heard it a traced it to some 1.2 Clio owner on Cliosport who's 'Mate worked for VW and reckoned...'. So I discounted that, and failed to find any stories, anywhere online, of DSGs failing, or even going iffy. Just wondered if you'd heard anything as you're a bit more in VAG, or at least Skoda stuff iirc?

It'd be a white, 3dr, 18" polished Monzas and full leather. I just don't know whether it'd be worth looking for DSG too...

Reply to
DanB