Phaeton W12

My point was that it's cheaper to run a proper car here than in a lot of other countries. Fuck all to do with disabled tax (something I've never had on a car, or wanted). It's one of the very few things that the UK still has going for it.

The fact I'm a Scouser has got f*ck all to do with it.

Reply to
Pete M

I saw three Flying Spurs and two Continentals at the weekend. I guess the owers were in amongst those doing this:

Abo

I guess we should keep our gobs shut over the price of fuel ;)

Reply to
Abo

Well, if any car merits an LPG conversion, it's the 750i. It would give it the equivalent of a whopping 32mpg. :-)

Nice way to travel though.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

=20 =20 Will it make you less proud if I mention the rent *per week* for a 1- room-studio in London and compare that to the same in Brussels?

There are imho a lot of sides on a medal...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Probably, but the very idea of living in London is more horrifying than a lot of things. London, one of my least liked places on Earth..

Yup.

Reply to
Pete M

Rent per week in London is £300-400. What is it in Brussels?

Reply to
Steve Firth

For a flat (25 m=B2, containing a bed, a shower and a kitchenette) the=20 rent will be 300 to 400 UKP per month.

A appartement (80m=B2, living room, separated kitchen, bathroom and=20 sleeping room) has a montly rent of 500-600 UKP.

Rent-per-week is close to unknown here, renting goes by month. Empty=20 rooms (3 x 2 m) are not for rent in Brussels. A student might find one=20 and pay 50-100 UKP per month for it (on a 10 month bases).

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

About half of that in London then (unless you were talking Docklands/Chelsea etc where the rent could be "quite a bit more" than £1200 a month.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There have been a few issues, yes- a search on tdiclub.com and the [shudder] honest john forums reveal a few, but that doesn't seem that significant to me: I think they've shifted a lot of DSGs, and some are

*bound* to fail. Lets just hope not many.

There's a short thread (with a long URL!)on u.r.d going on:

and an older one:

a question on a Seat forum didn't bring hundreds of scare stories.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I think the Skoda forums have more info. on DSG weaknesses.

Have they actually sold that many, though - given that I've been doing the rounds of all the nearly new and ex-fleet supermarkets locally at least a couple of times a month - I expected to see a fair number being punted out, but I reckon only 1 in 10 Passats has DSG and I can't recall seeing a DSG Golf.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Umm, the neighbours over the road have two DSG Golfs - a 55-plate GTi and a 57-plate R32.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm not saying they don't exist, as I've had one as a courtesy car from a VW dealer - they're just *very* thin on the ground in the usual nearly-new / ex-fleet outlets at the moment.

Reply to
SteveH

DSG Golfs are pretty plentiful around here, especially if you can put up with a pikey 105BHP one. There's a few Jettas, A3s, and Leons too.

Reply to
Chris Bartram