Ping: Astravanman: 16" Van tyres?

Pete, I need to pick your brains as you seem to be into bigger vans these days. I've got a T4 Transporter LWB which needs a set of tyres or wheels/tyres quite soon. I've got 16" steels on there atm, with 195-60R16

8-ply tyres and I'm after a set of similar tyres or a set of 16" alloys from a Sharan/Galaxy/Audi100/Vito/Passat etc which I can stcik van tyres onto. Any ideas as to a cheapish place to look? Cheers, JB
Reply to
JB

Bigger vans, yes. Transporter = little van. Transporter LWB = "slightly less little" little van :-)

As far as tyres go - never been sure on how many ply any tyres I've ever had have been - for vans I just go for "C" rated commercial tyres.

As far as car alloys to stick van tyres on - I can't see any real issues as long as the width/profile is the same or similar to car tyres that'd normally go on those wheels.

Your Transporter - are the wheels 4 or 5-stud? If 5, I may have a few wheels kicking about that might be of interest.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Little van? Bloody hell man it feels *huuuuge*! You could almost get an old Carlton Estate in the back!! Yeah alright, it's not in your league :>) The wheels are 16" 5 stud, 112pcd, offset anywhere from 35-45mm. Apparently Audi 100 '91-on, A4/A6/A8/Passat-'97on/Vito/Sharan/Galaxy all fit ok. Any alloys with the above stud pattern capable of taking 195/60 up to 225/55 tyres considered. As ever, cash waiting. Cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

130 PCD Porsche wheels with adaptors ;). Granted it's a bit of a horrific bodge, but your van would be shithot with a set of polished teledials...
Reply to
Doki

Actually, burgerman has a Caravelle on alloys and he's replacing it. Mebbe you could snaffle his?

Reply to
Doki

Really? i'll have to ping him then.

cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

What total waste of nice wheels. Pimp yer van! LOL.

JB

Reply to
JB

Drop me a line (peter at swerve web, dorothy, com), and we'll talk.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

emailed.

JB