Private reg plate

Hi I have recently bought and put a private plate on my motor DAZ --- but have found and paid for a better one DAZ -- the new plate is being sent to me on retention as a "Nominee" from a private seller.

Question.... Do i have to put this plate on my car before I can/could sell it on if I wanted to? ie The seller has to sign the document and send it to me to put on my car.. can I then send it to the dvla and be the seller?

Question.... Is there a minimum amount of time the existing plate has to be on my car before i can take it off to replace it with the new one?

Question.... As a nominee on the New reg plate papers is there a maximum time limit for me to put it on my car.

Question.... Can i go to the dvla and just put new one on and put existing one on retention ready to sell

All help welcome.. even a FAQ site

Thanks... Dar

Reply to
Pompey ©