Re: Muffler design

Nothing to stop a fixed engine/wheel/chain unit flexibly mounted to the main frame.

Mucks up your unsprung weight, but a lot more opportunity to use the seesaw-ed engine weight to dampen vibrations anyway.

Reply to
PC Paul

Nedavno Depresion pise:

| If I were you looking to make a custom exhaust I'd be looking to make | the primary pipes the same inside diameter as the exhaust ports about | 20 inches long going directly into a collector and into a 600cc bike | can. Try to make the 2 primaries of the same length and if possible | make them so you can cut 4-5 inches out of both pipes if you fit a | hot cam and bits later on. It won't sound like a Harley but it should | be good for torque and have a surprisingly meaty sound.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Reply to
Yvan

Nedavno NeedforSwede2 piSe:

| > That is what I am looking for. URL to drawings and photos of | > mufflers inside. | > | can't find any picture myself but | Outer tube has a cap on one end with a small hole in it. | The cap can either be bolted or welded on. | inside the small hole is a smaller tube. | that is the baffle. | The baffle has the furthest end inside the muffler/silencer closed | but all up the sides of the tube are rows of small holes to allow the | gas to escape through the end of the muffler. Packing is often | wrapped arround the baffle to further dampen sound. | |

shows inside a non packed| car silencer. | And at the bottom a packed muffler/silencer |
| Should help a little.

Thanks.

Reply to
Yvan

Some people just like a motorcycle to sound and ride like a tractor I suppose... No offence to tractors!! ;-)

I've ridden my nice smooth 4-cylinder Honda with a group of Harleys before... Like riding in an earthquake. The whole bike shakes - easily an inch of movement at the rear mudguard of some of them! And they are ...LOUD. Not my cup of tea but people don't buy a Harley if they want it to be smooth, to handle, to stop, or to go fast as that isn't the point of them and perhaps that's not the point of the Fiat...

If it sounds like a Harley will the Fiat also have the chrome and tassles?

Reply to
Loony

I thought it was ice speedway? Oh no that was Ivan Mauger.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Harley started that in '80 or '81 with the FLT's.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(somebody else's baby now) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM, DOF#51, DH#2 "There's only 1 RE"

Reply to
Old Crow

S'not all bad news then :)

Reply to