Re: my new phone

There's no such thing as digital zoom, and there's certainly no such thing as decent digital zoom. You'd be better off walking closer.

You *do* realise that if you don't use digital zoom, you get exactly the same image, just with a lot of stuff you don't want, don't you? And it's always better to not use digital zoom and to do the cropping in a paint package later on.

Reply to
Steve Firth

AYOTB?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes it is, and it's only 640 x 480. The fisheye distortion is most amusing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Help me out here - what's that short for?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

in news:C79qe.6297$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net, "AstraVanMan" slurred :

Aspriational Young Officers Taste Better

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I'll draw your attention to Nokia's new N91 then -

- comes with 4GB of storage as standard. At 100MB-per-hour of 192Kb-VBR MP3s, I make that about 40 hours of choonage. Which is plenty, I think :)

Reply to
Nom

Are You On The Blob?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Funny that, I may have suggested something remarkably similar on MSN to someone!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Damn, and there was m thinking mobile plastic surgeons.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Are we both looking at the same picture? Maybe 640x480, but I don't notice any obvious fish eye. No worse than a budget digicam for taking snaps, which a mobile phone camera is for?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The sound qulaity of the missus's phone, in reviews by owners was declared as better than an ipod, when using the iPod headphones.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Has that DB7 been in a serious sideways shunt then? It's banana shaped in the photo.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Yes, the DB7 is slabsided, like all good sports cars..."

You've spent too much time driving a jacked up brick on wheels.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yes, and the PSP has a screen a tad bigger than your average mobile...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

And I've never claimed to be a typist colon:hyphen:raised middle finger.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bah, come to Beaulieu next Sunday... seem to remember you're down that way. You can come and admire my nasty motorcycle, and mock my attempts to take photographs of it (1), with my piss poor camera phone.

(1) Preferably without another vehicle buried in the side of it

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I'd love to, but sadly I have an appointment on Monday about 2,000 miles away from Hampshire so I shall be on the plane.

Reply to
Steve Firth

See, I don't see the bend.

Reply to