Re: OT:Anyone Smoke?

> Had one since December. >

No willpower, eh?

Reply to
Conor

I suspect it'd be ideal for use in situations like after a meal or in a pub or hotel room where one used to be able to enjoy a smoke without having to go and stand in the rain but now can't because of the smoking ban.

I can't speak for SteveH so I'll let him flame away. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh.

Conor is just conforming with the widely held opinion that the only reason people smoke is because they're addicted and don't have the willpower to stop.

However, that doesn't take into account the other opinion that people smoke because they *enjoy* smoking.

It's like the difference between a social / casual drinker and an alcoholic.

Reply to
SteveH

SWMBO says she liked the craft aspect of rolling her own, but then she's an arty type. Didn't enjoy the smoke itself though, well the first one of the day has a bit of an effect, which feels quite nice but only serves to make you feel like non-smokers feel all the time.

Beer tastes nice. Wine tastes nice. Even some spirits taste nice. Inhaling smoke is painful and clearly not natural. Quite how anyone makes it past the initial disgust, choking and nausea into a full- blown habit is beyond me.

Reply to
fishman