'remote' cd/radio/combo

Is there an aftermarket cd/radio with a display remote from the main player? I have dash space for a headunit (although DIN-E might be a bit
big and I'd prefer something slimmer), but I _dont_ have sufficient room behind the dash to accommodate it. I could simply mount the whole thing under the drivers seat and fumble about to swap stations, but I'd prefer something that had a small display I could mount on the dash, if there even _is_ such a thing!

Well, the removable face of a head unit could be connected with a cable to the unit and mounted just about anywhere.

It's a common flash harry modification on talkaudio - fascia plate on the rear view mirror or sun visor are favourites. Basically, all that's needed are long wires and the gonads to dismantle a radio.

I'm only going on my experience of one, but based on that, most car stereos with a remote tend to have an IR one, meaning having to point it at the sensor on the stereo under the seat could get a bit awkward most of the time.....
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 02:31:53 +0100, AstraVanMann wrote:

IR repeaters are fairly simple to knock up, or you could even just use some strategically positioned smooth aluminium foil - which reflects IR pretty well. Maybe down in the footwell somewhere?
Of course if you do that you'll have to use Vol+ to turn it down, fast reverse to skip forward etc.