RS 1800

Dont be

overpriced and underpowered

its an XR2i with some nice sets and another 10-15 brake

buy a decent car like my new motor :)

205 Mi16 :)
Reply to
Rob

i wanted one then my brain went 'hey it's still a fiesta you fool and your friends will laugh at you'

so i got an MR2 and errrr my friends still laugh at me LOL but don't care as i'm normally WAYYYY ahead of them so can't hear them :)

Reply to
Vamp

Don't be, they're cack, plus, if you can't insure a 406 V6 you'll NEVER insure one of them.

Looked at Xsara VTS's?

Or maybe get this - 1997 PEUGEOT 406 GLX V6 MANUAL,

1997, R reg. Stunning green met, grey velour trim, aircon, PAS, ABS, C/L, e/windows, one former owner, full service history, 68K, long MOT, super super car to drive, outstanding condition and value at only. Langley Motors, Bovey Tracey.. £2,395.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

get a nice 2.0 SRi turbo for that money on an S plate, full leathers, very nice... should be reasonable insurance.

Reply to
Theo

Yea that one just caught my eye as it appeared to be a good cheap low miler.

Ecosse do a reliable (apparantly) 200bhp upgrade for the SRi turbo as well.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

would be my choice if the V6 seems a little expensive to run...

Reply to
Theo
1600 a yr on the RS 1800 2500 for the 406 1.9tdi
Reply to
Cheater2k

So you don't mean a Mk2 twin-cam then?

-- tomScotland "stick this in your fuse-box"

stop your grinnin' and drop "YOUR LINEN" to reply Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Reply to
tomScotland

is a good place to go if you havent allready.

Reply to
Oliver Gunnell

What the f*ck are you on about? It's a MK2 Escort.

Reply to
Conor

The best Fiesta of that generation . . . but this isn't saying much. Nice engine, as far as it went, but try a basic mark four Fiesta and it handles better.

Reply to
DervMan

It's a Fiesta as well, numpty.

TRH

Reply to
TRH

No its not, its a XR2i with extra power :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

The Fiesta

Reply to
Cheater2k

No it isn't. That would be an RS1800i I'd take the Escort.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Laidlaw

NEVER confuse a RS1800i Fiesta with one of the best Ford ever made .....

Paul is correct ... the RS1800 is a Mk2 Escort and a very fine handling car it is too

will outrun most modern machines on the twisty bits despite it's 1980's low power output by modern standards.

the last one I saw for sale was £12000 quid .. a good 'un though

as far as I am aware there are only about 50 left .. if that!

a good investment if you can find a genuine one

I'd certainly snap up a genuine car!

Reply to
Mike Norris

But you're down 60bhp. And it's not a V6 :)

Agreed.

Reply to
Nom

WHY ?

If you want a smaller car, then go for a 206, 306, or a Focus.

Fiesta's are *SHITE*.

Reply to
Nom

Costs a mint though.

The 200bhp Turbo is likely to give worse economy than the V6 ! Pug's 210bhp V6 lump is actually very nice - it's a modern design, and the economy is pretty good.

Reply to
Nom