SAAB down

The MX5 is a wonderful car. I'd have one like a shot (a) if it wasn't for the fact I'd be accused of having a male menopause and (b) it didn't make one look like a tonsorial technician.

Reply to
Steve Firth

not that old chestnut again, everything they made since '72 was not really Triumph/ricardo - they worked for a start....

Reply to
john

true, tell me one car that has all it's parts designed in house.....pretty much nothing..

Reply to
john

Remember mine, it was a 16S with the full body kit. Roof shagged(needed recovering but I expected that as he said he didn't think it leaked but hadn't driven in the rain much), and A pillars turned out to be rotten and out of alignment (but looked ok from the outside), even though it had a day old MOT. That one was £2.5k

I never paid more than £500 quid for a decent T16S, great cars but wouln't touch them now, too old and now too expensive...

Reply to
john

The convertible was the =A32500 one, the hardtop was only =A3300. And it wa= s=20 a cracker. I wish I had found that oil leak *before" I agreed a price to=20 sell it, otherwise I would have kept it and fixed it.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

But didn't design it. May have modified it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's the bean counter's heaven. Build a car using major parts from a cheaper one and stick a posh badge on it. Think Morris and Wolseley. But things have moved on since then. Hence SAAB failing. Especially since they had a pretty poor base to work from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)