Saab gone :(

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

From what I remember (my memory is shafted, too much cannabis) it was the tradional rice racer big hooge round job... Knowing John though, he'll probably have a few twin pipe jobs. System looks a good 2.5" at least though.

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

SD1's are mega cool. I still miss my Vitesse.

Twas a good one, TVR lump in it, Konis, chipped, stainless, one mad engineer owner before me..

If that dozy bint in the "Accident Courtesy" Corsa hadn't pulled out of the "Stop" junction, seem me then stopped in the middle of the road, I'd still have it..

Reply to
Pete M

souls

Very very nice! What's the TVR lump? I'll never be able to afford one in that gooda nick, but if i can find a slightly ropey, but fixable one on the cheap, i may well be tempted. Like this one in fact:

Carl Gibbs

Ewww, no, you don't want one of those underpowered sheds.

If you're having an SD1, it has to be a twin-plenum Vitesse.

Reply to
SteveH

> 32&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>

I'm not fussed about power (although the more the better!), i just want to own it for the experience. Any old V8 would do, whether it was carbs or EFi. In fact i may even consider an old V8 Range Rover too. I just want something i can drive about making lots of lovely V8 noises!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In that case, you want a P6 V8, then.

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, that would do too. Know someone who had one of them a few years back. Barrel rolled it 5-up coming back from the pub. Silly boy!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Tell you what, if I was running a bodyshop, the last person I'd want to lend a car to would be someone who'd just smashed theirs up.

Unless I could guarantee that I'd get the repair job if they smashed it up :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But I bet he walked away?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

All of them did, although one came close to getting a very shrap bit of metal thru the side of his head!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into=20 uk.rec.cars.modifications...

=20

Pete, do you want to mail me some contact details for your mate (email,=20 phone or something), I post it onto the ownersclub site, and he can=20 talk direct instead of loads of passing messages.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo