SD1

I get the SD1 EFI back next week after a full body repair and re-spray. Judging by what I've seen of the work in progress it should be an excellent job.

I've always thought - even with the 15" wheels - that it would suit larger ones. Anyone know what's the biggest wheel/tyre combination that would fit, and what make/style would suit it best? And they've got to be easy to clean. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Stick with 15"s and go wide rather than tall. IMHO old cars looks crap with huge wheels and tiny profile tyres on.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Yes - I wasn't intending to go to ultra low profile.

But the side on view looks to me like larger wheels would suit it better. End on the originals look ok width wise.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ooh, nice... what colour?

Reply to
JackH

20" Chrome spinners ;-)
Reply to
DanTXD

Original black. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's not nice seeing one of my age crying.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice... although I always rather liked the metallic blue they came in... 'moonraker blue'?

Reply to
JackH

Hehehehehe :) It just wants some nice tame 5 spokes or something i reckon, flat spokes, maybe 17's. It would probly take bigger, but as has been said, older cars and huge wheels is odd :)

Reply to
DanTXD

BASTARD.

Reply to
Conor

I prefered the Nightfire Red.

Reply to
Conor

Can you get 16" Revolutions?

Reply to
SteveH

Seconded. Sticking with the 14's on my Capri. Might get some minilites but still only 14's.

Reply to
Conor

Thing is SD1 doesn't look 'old'. Well, not in the way others - like its predecessor, the P6, look old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

19's it is then :p
Reply to
DanTXD

A nice, simple, clean five, six or seven spoke 16" design. Perhaps even

17s.

Just be careful you don't fall into the Peugeot 206 / Renault Clio trap of having huge big wheels and standard (daft looking) brakes behind them.

Reply to
DervMan

Series 2 plastic bumper jobbie?

Reply to
Conor

Yup. It's an EFI therefore Series 2.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

i have been assued that the brakes from a jag can be made to fit with a resonable amount of swearing :)

Reply to
dojj

Yeah I'm sure that's true. Actually, most things will fit most things with sufficient swearing.

I just wonder if kids - and they are kids - ever think of what they're doing? People think that modifying a car means fitting the biggest possible rims under the arches and those hideous Lexus-style rear lights.

Hey do you know if I just turn up at Ford Fair early enough I'll be able to get track time? :)

Reply to
DervMan