Shame it is so much dearer than petrol

I owned 2.0 Cortinas that'd do that with no worries.

Oh, and diesel should be at least £1.50 a litre more than petrol (petrol should be £1 a litre cheaper than it is)

Reply to
Pete M

And its still a smelly rpm limited deseasel. Works best in ditch pumps, generators, boats, dumper trucks etc, Stuff that runs at constant rpm. Anything car related needs 55 gears to row it along.

Reply to
Burgerman

Oddly I don't have a problem doing that, or running with 1.8T Cupra Rs (both on the strip and at silly speeds down private roads). The old farts haven't contend on still. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

It's that time of year again, is it? Fair enough...

"No, you are wrong, diesels require fewer gears than an equivalently powerful petrol engine"

There.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Heh

Reply to
Abo

A U T O M A T I C.

Can't believe I personally am contemplating replacing my turbodiesel with a weany revvy petrol engined machine of some description.

Reply to
DervMan

MG ZT-T 260, Brecon beacons, you'll never want a diesel again...

Reply to
Pete M

Until you get to the petrol pump.

Almost anything is fun in the Beacons.

Reply to
SteveH

It averaged 24 mpg, and wasn't hanging about.

I know, but that MG is astonishingly good there. Better than any non-"M" BMW I've driven on similar roads.

I *will* buy one, mark my words.

Maybe sooner than planned as someone has just agreed to buy the Rangie Turbo.

Reply to
Pete M

I'd rather take the running year and put it into something less fugly, personally. Actually, no, I'd just buy an imported Mustang.

Thing is, I've been there, done that, have a V8 t-shirt, but ultimately I'm too tight* to run a V8.

*V8 or I have other priorities with my money. Or I don't have enough of it.
Reply to
DervMan

Trust me, the Mustang doesn't handle anywhere near as well as the ZT.

We know that, but I have to try and lure you from the dark side occasionally.

There's probably a graph somewhere that says "V8" on one side, and "Dervy" on the other.

Reply to
Pete M

"dervy!!"

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Climate. Cruise. Leather.

Reply to
DervMan

Pipe, slippers, tartan blanket.

Reply to
SteveH

Aren't you looking at the Volvo still heh?

Reply to
DanB

Only in D5 R-Design SE Sport trim, though. Not quite the same, IMHO.

Volvo has 18s for a start.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh come on, that's like saying, a Skoda is a good car now. It's still a Skoda isn't it hehe!

Reply to
DanB

What about the Caddy BLS? Built at the Saab factory by Saab engineers, Cadillac toys, GMs current range of engines, and "European" handling.

Best of all, a 1 year old one is 50% of the new price.

Reply to
Elder

Lots of 75s and ZTs with 18s, and 19s.

Reply to