Sierra Injection Cyl Heads...

Yes. Like Time said - £18/week isn't worth changing car for - £50-100/week, different matter. Just jack in the current job and go for one that pays £18/week more, like you so easily can do ;-)

Don't be so bloody daft.

No.

Yes.

Mind you, having seen it on ebay, I thought it was a Brooklands. Get rid of it, and save up for a Brooklands.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Jap petrols are good like that - my step-mum's 1.8 Avensis did 48mpg on a long run once. Mind you, that was with my Dad driving - probably not doing much over 60 most of the time.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The MR2 isnt too great. Think I averaged around 35mpg in my one. But the

4500rpm mark is an addictive place to go past :)

The Swift recorded that with a 80mile motorway/a road trip a 150 mile motorway trip, and about 70 miles of town driving. And I wasnt even trying to save petrol - just mine (and my g/f's) normal driving, and considering motorway driving is spent at 4krpm too, that's pretty good I reckon.

Anyway, must stop going on about mpgs, I'm turning into Dervy!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Brookies are overpriced and overrated. Nothing more than a 2.8i Special with green paint and black leather yet they fetch £3k for a scrapper in worse nick than mine.

Reply to
Conor

Ah right - I always thought the "2.8i Special" *was* the Brooklands, and the other 2.8i's were just called 2.8i's.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Aaaaaah, *that* was what it was called, the 280. Now I remember.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No. There was the 2.8i which had cloth recaro interior. In the back end of 1984 that was replaced by the Special which changed the interior to half leather Recaro, added a LSD and gas billies and changed the alloys to 14" 7 spoke. In 1986 the Special was discontinued and 1038 Brookies were produced which were 2.8i Special spec but in British Racing green and with dark leather interior,larger diameter alloys and badged as the Capri 280 which some mistakenly thought it meant it had 280BHP.

Not that I'm anal about them or anything - lol.

Once upon a time, I used to hate Capris with a vengeance.

Reply to
Conor

My Golf GTI regularly, consistently returned 45mpg. Once, I got 52mpg (but, that was driving to get the best economy).

In perspective, I got the same sort of figures from my vastly more complex Carisma GDi.

The Beetle gives... 30-33 I think. Modern cars suck.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

exactly the same mate make sure you get the cam too as it's a better profile ;) everything bolts straight in/on etc if you get the whole engine you will be better off also as the blocks are better on the injection cars

Reply to
dojj

Cheers. Will try the local Ford breakers after new year.

Reply to
Conor

I'd certainly not be happy swopping my SD1 for a less powerful version - regardless of how good condition it was in. Once you've got the bug...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tell me about it.

Reply to