Some very oldskool rally footage

Skoda Lada, Audi, bit of VW, lots of mud.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Excellent stuff.

In a similar vein, but with an amazing(!) soundtrack:

Carl Gibbs

Fantastic. Especially the lady.

Reply to
conkersack

Wow they're going so fast!

Reply to
fishman

Awesome video :-) What is that? An old Lada? I didn't know they were RWD?

Reply to
DanTXD

I bet that nudie bird does.

Reply to
conkersack

They were pukka group B cars, even though they only had a 1.3 engine. But, the shell, suspension, engine and brakes was all modified street stuff, lightened, balanced, braced, and skimmed/drilled away, rather than now in the WRC where it just looks like the road version, but has nothing else in common (Pugs/Cit/Skoda/Others).

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Pukka group B cars had 4wd and 500bhp :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Nope, those group B cars were beaten by Skoda in the proper ones.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Oh yes. A mate is thinking about buying one, and we're all trying to persuade him to go for it. That video was one of our tactics

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

you didn't know a lada was RWD! all most old shit was, just the new shit that's dull :( even shit cars was RWD in the oldie days!

Reply to
Vamp

Vamp, you need to take some English lessons!! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

lol i ALMOST agree :)

Reply to
Vamp

I'm sure the one they modded on TG wasn't was it?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yup. And it was drifting about nicely afterwards, ISTR. The comedy handling before they fettled it is proof that RWD is not necessarily better than FWD.

Reply to
Albert T Cone