That Capri I mentioned...

I stuck it on eBay for Ian. Primarily, it's a quick way of showing some pics of it, but I won't be upset if you buy it!

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

HFM? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

About half what some people reckon a 2.0 Capri is worth with a tad more filler and paint ;)

Richard (the reserve is much, much lower; for Ian's sake I'm counting on it doing better than that).

Reply to
RichardK

£695 is about right if it's just starting to show in the usual spots.

Amazing how good photos look on Ebay though isn't it? ;-p

Reply to
Conor

I wasn't flattering it at all. I could have made it look a hell of a lot better :D

I know he'll be happy with a fair chunk less than £695 - that's an optimistic figure IMO - but it's not a wreck, and with new wings would be the basis of a decent Laser resto.

I'm just wondering how to make it run a little smoother; maybe the timing is a tad out, or there's vibration from a mount - bonnet up it doesn't sound particularly off.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Increase the fuel mixture if the engine is rocking a little on tickover. THey're happy at around 2-2.5%. Also try advancing the timing. On mine, even though the standard setting is supposed to be 8° BTDC, it runs far better at 11/12 and I know some on the Capri forums are running as high as 16°BTDC.

Reply to
Conor

It's choking down Optimax, so it might have been set up for the wrong fuel. I'll grab a timing light and have a look at the weekend :D

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

interior what interior :D

Reply to
aussie bongo

Looks ok actually. Far tidier than my equivelent Opel I had until a few weeks ago! Could have done with some interior pics though

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That would have been tempting if I hadn't just bought a car two days ago :-(

Bugger

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Is the boot as cavernous as it looks? Could make some top quality high speed bike transport that...

Reply to
Doki

ROFLMAO.. AN oxymoron if ever I saw one.

Reply to
Conor

It really does look pretty big in that photo. Might just be the angle though.

Reply to
Doki

It's shallow. I have got a mountain bike in the back of a Capri with the seats down and shelf out, but only one. Capri boots are 'good for the class'.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

My 340 would take a bike with both wheels still on. Best thing about the car after the RWD...

Reply to
Doki