Top Gear.

I didn't moan, and I was thankful. If i gave a f*ck about rear passengers i wouldn't have a small, 3 door hatch would i :)

Reply to
DanTXD

It helps if there's enough legroom for them to get in in the first place, though.... stick a tall driver in an A4 and you'd only get someone with no legs in the back.

Reply to
SteveH

ridiculous,

They should be thankful they weren't expected to cram in the back of a Prelude, a 200SX, or god forbid, a Tigra.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I spent a comedy amount of time trying to cram myself into them climb out of the back of a Ka the other day. And when i was in there, my head was about half a cm from touching the roof, and i cracked my head over every speed bump. Yet in the back of my mates Fiesta Mk4, which i beleive the Ka is based on? I have plenty of room. Whats that all about then?

Reply to
DanTXD

Based on the MkIII, actually...... as I've said loads of times before.... the Ka is almost exactly the same size as a MkII Fester, but appears to have only a fraction of the interior space.

What's all that about, then?

Reply to
SteveH

Ka's must just be a bit shit :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

It's about relative amounts of headroom.

You want to be a back seat passenger in a Vauxhall Tigra.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

yep but nothing says i couldn't give a f*ck about rear passengers than an MR2 turbo :) gets a bit warm at the back ;)

Reply to
Vamp

The Swift isnt ideal for rear passengers, but I dont often take them. Ironically my 'fun' car is ideal - 5 doors and plenty of room (expect the trans tunnel for the middle person) :)

Try a Vauxhall VX220 - obviously no rear seats, but its bloody hard work just getting into the front ones, especially this time of year when the roofs on all the time too!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I can assure you, i don't :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yeah, sill seems wider than the elise!

Like trying to get into your house through the letterbox.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'd *much* sooner have this than a Bentley.

...still prefer a Tatra super-saloon with a big V8 in the tail though.

=8)

Alistair J Murray

You should try cramming passengers in the back of a Series 1 RX-7. The back seat really is just a decorative parcel shelf.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

You have to be a yoga expert to get into a Lotus Elise with the roof on.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

And would you buy one?

Because it seems that selling the beast is one -if not the only- reason why it was made in the first place.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Right you are but I didn't take up yoga for the fun of it.

Yoga used to be some way to Enlightening, so everyone stuffed it but since that yoga may lead an Elise or even an Exige, some people reconsider. ;-)

On a more serious note now: I was yesterday at an Opel dealer: the Speedster (VX220) was there. Yours for 32000 Eur ( ±21.000 UKP), pay and drive away with it. The Lotus dealership is about 5 km further: a standard Elise is 49.000 Eur ( 32.500 UKP) and you'll have to wait 6 months to get yours...

Something is rotten in the state of VX-land...

Tom - positively hates all sports where one is plied in two - De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Yes if it made it to market, and I had the cash I would. But Skoda tend to create great designers who are swept away by VAG to the likes of AUDI, Bentley and I reckon that one would go to Lambo as a budget car to take on Maserati.

This was the Tudor concept.

did make production, but the designer went to Bentley.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

In article , snipped-for-privacy@fluffy.f.co.uk says...

This kind?

a Fin This kind
curves and presence.This one with the luxury
or the Ecorra T700?
"From the "T700", also a special racing coup=E8 version (first, second and= =20 third pics above), realized by the "Ecorra" tuning factory, with=20 aluminium coachwork, engine increased to 4500 cc, over 400 hp and 316=20 km/h!! The car, intended only for the competitions, never had an effect=20 on the normal production: a shame, because the look was very aggressive!=20 But the Tatra factory was already in a bad situation, with a number of=20 production near to the 100 cars per year: too limited, even for a=20 partially handicraft factory as the Tatra. Moreover, the "T700" was=20 produced in only 69 exemplars in the 1996: an humiliation, in comparison=20 with the over 22.000 "T603" produced between the 1957 and the 1975.=20 After a ridicolous attempt with the "Beta" (fourth pic), a light truck=20 with Hyundai 1.3 engine and Skoda gearbox (!), the factory located in=20 Pribor was closed, and the automotive production was definitively=20 stopped. Now, Tatra continues only the production of lorries. "

Or the Tatra based Metalex MTX-01

"In the 1993, the Czech "Metalex" tuner realized the car in the three=20pics above: the "MTX-01", sport interpretation of the classic Tatra=20engine. The V8 unit was fitted centrally, in two tuned versions: 3500 or=204000 cc (220 or 300 hp). It had a very good look..and the "sound",=20probably, was egually enthusiasting! Also this car was a proof of the=20validity of the Tatra engines.=20" big lump Tatras are always cool. Would love one of the last of the T613/T700 Saloons as a daily driver. It makes a S class look like a Metro.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Thats fookin' fantastic looking. Reminds me of the Joker from the 60s Batman TV series.

Reply to
conkersack

After reading that I'm laughing. And I'm not quite sure why, but 'partially handicraft factory' makes me think of Bob Carolgee's Candle shop in Frodsham.

Reply to
conkersack