Channel: BBC 2 North 02

Date: Sunday 11th December 2005

Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (starting in 13 days)

Duration: 1 hour.

VideoPlus: 4411

Motoring magazine presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. A challenge between Jeremy in a *Bugatti Veyron* against the boys in a light aircraft flown by Captain Slow. Alan Titchmarsh is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

(Widescreen, Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from

Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

NICE.

Reply to
DanTXD

I can't wait to see/hear the Veyron - it may be just an oversized passat but the magazine reviews rave on about the acceleration.

Wonder if Tiff will get hold of one or if Fifth Gear were not important enough to be given the chance.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Reply to
David Billington

Oh aye. Hehe. *excellent*

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Can't help thinking that a lot of the newer cars that use the ABS / ESP instead of an LSD would be faster lapping with the driver aids on.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Blair

Reply to
B.G. Finlay

Oh marvellous, so when we next have some heavy fog, we'll all have two tonnes of S class riding the bumper a yard behind, relying on a driver aid...

Thanx Mercedes...

Comforting to think of that slight misjudgement where you can't stop in time, adding a second, major impact as your car is trying to deform to deal with the first impact, when the S class finds it also can't stop in time, what with the tyres being more or less equal.

Or having better brakes...

Reply to
Questions

I'm tempted to order a Focus ST next year, possibly as a 2nd. car, (at the Ford Privilege discount price), but if I do it will be a 5-door, in a "normal" colour & I'd have it debadged as well. It's a cheap way to run a Volvo (powertrain) &, perhaps, a nippy stealth-mobile!

DC

Reply to
David C.

Yea because the bodykit and wheels stood out way less than than the tiny ST badge ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Maybe so, but in a dark colour the bodykit shouldn't be too obvious.... As for the wheels, perhaps a little dark paint?

DC

Reply to
David C

Ah....

When Toomeys moved from their old site near the station, we wondered just what they would do with all that empty land.......

Will SAAB get their own building / tent or are they condemned to share showrrom space with their GM cousins?

Cheers, DC.

Reply to
David C

Reply to
Vamp

probably stay in the showroom with chavvy vauxhall.

the ditched alfa and fiat in southend, wish they ditch daewoo sorry 'Chevrolet' for something half decent though!

Reply to
Vamp

personally I dont watch top gear for the normal cars, as they talk bollocks anyway, I much rather they rag ultra fast cars round a track than actually try and convince me whether a mondeo is *good or cool or poo*

Reply to
Theo