Top gear best driving songs.

Anyone submitted their yet? Had to enter a load of different ones

1)Allman Brothers - Jessica 2)New Order - Blue Monday 3)Glenn Miller - In the mood 4)Fleetwood Mac - Albertros

So many others I could have entered (ZZ TOP, Little Richard, The Cult etc) but I figured the ones I sent might be mainstream enough to be considered.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I know it's, strictly speaking, a biker's song but Steppenwolf's Born to Be Wild has to be it for me.

Reply to
Bigus

I'm thinking Motorhead - Ace of Spades, Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell, Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild, pure driving classics :)

Reply to
DanTXD

True, good tune.

Works for me too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I did think about Ace of Spades, but it does strange things (like any Slipknot tune) to my driving.

I turn from a quick but careful driver, into a real suicide jockey.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Crap.

Not the best choice, it should be Vanishing Point.

Crap.

Hmm, my father in law eh? PS, two esses in Ross.

Anyroad up:

  1. Canned Heat - On The Road Again
  2. Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats
Reply to
Steve Firth

Erm........ no 1 was on Top Gear 36 classic driving tracks promoted by the BBC when it was released

Steve

Reply to
Steve

There was an experiment on the effect of people's driving of Ace of Spades. Apparently it can add up to 20mph on your speed - there's Vamp's excuse.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Woah your all way off track :)

Dr Dre - Bang Bang Robin S - Show me love Michael Jackson - Billie Jean Huey Lewis - Power of Love Snap - Power

Although out of the list you gave Carl, I would say New Order is a top tune :)

Suppose we can't all like the same music :P

Reply to
Ronny

Why was he listening to four separate CDs of the same track?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Jane's Addiction, Been Caught Stealing Wang Chung, Don't Let Go Yes, Owner of a Lonely Heart Kim Wilde, Cambodia Sisterhood, Colours

There are loads, of course, varying with mood.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Hey great idea, take all the s**te tracks and put them on a CD to save the rest of us from having to hear them ever again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hmm true, good track.

It isn't you know. It isn't as in your face as some, but with the horn crescendos, and the changing tempos, if the sun is shining and the the road is clear you can drive desceptively quick to it.

Lol, true. typo.

Oh yes, excellent track.

not familiar with trakc names for a lot of the Chems stuff I've heard, but what I've heard, I've liked.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It's also the Top Gear theme, but I wanted to see if they knew that. The full 7 minutes long version is fantastic.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sorry, not familiar with any of those at all.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Except that one Doh.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nice mix. Deliberatly left Mission/Sisters/Sisterhood/Cult out by name, as I have to be in the right mood to listen to them, and driving isn't allways the right time.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I think mine would be;

Prodigy - Climbatize Pink Floyd - Welcome to the machine Booker T and the MGs - Green Onions Supertramp - Take the long way home The Smiths - How Soon Is Now? Bob James - Angela (d/l it, you'll grin)

(how many can I have?)

Reply to
Pete M

Nice, I like that one.

See, I tend to think of 'music I've enjoyed when driving' and 'car music'. Car music is invariably stuff I remember from being a kid, so Dire Straits, Marillion (though I'm a Marillion fan anyway), Hooters, Midnight Oil - that sort of thing.

Music I've enjoyed while driving is different: Jane's Addiction is my X1/9, targa top removed, flooring it with the dogs barking - Sonic Boom Boy was the Capri's theme music - Colours (Sisterhood) was the Citroen BX, lowering the suspension with the slow, thudding beat. Bjork "Violently Happy" is the Panda 4x4 - Ride of the Valkyrie for the Mercedes 200TE - the Sera is typified by the electronic/industrial stylings of DeathBoy - the Supra is currently enjoying the soundtrack for Run Lola Run, but also The Bravery and Kelly Osbourne's cover of Fade to Grey (I mean, it bloody well is a cover of that, though the backing track is actually Phil Collins or Genesis if you break it down). The neon equipped CX usually upset boy racers with a mix of Jason Nevins vs. Run DMC (It's Like That) with the subs in the back, and Nick Cave's "The Mercy Seat" and "Red Right Hand". The XM was usually found with the Cure's cover of Dead Souls from The Crow.

And then there's the /car/ music, when you're a teenage lad (of a certain era). Enigma ;)

Do not drive to Enigma.

And of course, after the inevitable breakup, you drive around with your 'friend' listening to The Cure. Usually Wish.

Today, I listened mostly to Tom Petty, but I was in the Beetle, so it's okay.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Hmmm, in no particular order:

  1. Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
  2. Nivana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
  3. Prodigy - Breath (only if you have decent bassy speakers though)
  4. System of a Down - Chop Suey

Plus a whole load of trancey stuff, but I dont know the name of most of the tracks, and since I dont have room for decent speakers in the MR2 I dont play it much any more. The Sierra is just gagging for a stereo makeover though, just gotta get some door locks first!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs