Top Gear race King's Cross to Waverly (Warning spoiler)

Despite giving the train all the advantages Cap Slow romped home to victory in his classic Jag XK yesterday, beating Jezza and showing that classic cars are still better than classic trains (Tornado for the sad types) and it seems that Rich had some problems with the old bike (no not his wife) but no one seems to have got any photos of that so I don't know what it was.

Reply to
Depresion

I guess classic trains aren't quite as quick as the modern ones. When's the new series starting anyway?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

When was the UK speed record for trains set?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A quick google tells me this:

AstraVanMann

I think the new XKR or XFR are both quite a bit quicker then the old XK120 as well.

End of June apparently.

Reply to
Depresion

Not very well planned this is it. First one of the online retro communities (not retro-rides one of the others) put up a story about Jezza and co buying cars at an auction.

Then PPCmag shows pics of it, and where they took them to compete in the Historic rally of (I think) Majorca, now their speed challange game for the series is leaked and the result with it.

Reply to
Elder

and then Jezza got stuck in a bog.

1/4 of the way round the world by the look of it.
Reply to
Peter Hill