tyre pressures for non-standard tyres

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Vamp, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

S'to do with rolling radii and weight distribution. If there's not much weight on a tyre then having wider tyres won't help.

My Cosworth had 225/35/17s on the front and 245/35/17s at the back.

The 911 had, iirc, 205/55/16s on the front and 225/50/16s on the back.

Reply to
Pete M

Remind me to never buy a second hand car off you.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston