want a 200+bhp toy

Still smells of 'oh shit, I've bought a lemon and think I ought to offload it asap', to me.

"They all do that, Sir"

...and a probable wasted trip unless you live on the blokes doorstep.

If he seriously wants to sell it on, he might like to save anyone mildly interested some time, and test it himself, if only for his own piece of mind (and conscience).

Reply to
JackH

Try icy car parks... they're quite fun as well (probably best to find an empty one, mind). :-D

Reply to
JackH

oh well i better prepare for the flaming

but

if you can find one get an uno turbo or an early lancia integrale 8v

theres also a rather nice nova sitting on my drive with a gubbed xe in it give me 800 quid and i'll throw in a 8v motor for it .

how bouts an early civic gl 1.4 single cam 16v with twin carbs as standard getting a bit rare but handle great go reasonably well and are bulletproof typical honda really.

Reply to
Rob

And his and his family's safety.......

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I don't know - for all I know the OP is near Swindon, after all - and the 7M is a tough engine. Besides, for £800 assuming it's a negotiable grand, which I am sure it is, it's a hell of a lot better value than, say, a Vauxhall Nova with a knackered XE lump in it ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Had that experience last winter in the 5 series - its harder to get sideways than the E30 but also a lot harder to get straightened out again!

Reply to
Pete MC

Yeah, I think JackH is talking about a 525 24v. The 535 never went multivalve IIRC

Reply to
Pete MC

newer ones are I think, or are they V8's now?

Reply to
Theo

Don't know about the E39, I'd imagine it went V8. The E34 535 was replaced with a 3.0 V8 530 around a K or L reg, and a new 540 range-topper.

Reply to
Pete MC

Reply to
JackH