Top speed for a corsa b??

Hi to all, I have a V reg corsa b 1.2 16v and i am wondering what is the top speed for it. sounds odd i know. Also on my speed o i have a red line on

30 mark just wondering why that is there?? Many thanks Corsa_ash
Reply to
corsa_ash

My mate had one of these, and then a new style Corsa C one as well (which to its credit had 75bhp and not the 65bhp of the first one....), you'd think he'd have learnt his lesson after one.

Anyway, we once had nearly 110 on the clock of the first one, and 120 on the clock of the 2nd one, down a the same BIG hill. High speed stability on both was scary.

Reply to
DanTXD

scary shit!

120mph is scary in a MR2 turbo which is probably a lot more stable. will hit 150-160mph apparently but i aint gonna bloody try it :)
Reply to
Vamp

Pussy :D I've seen 130 on the 206 speedo downhill ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

That must be AWESOME fun :D

Reply to
DanTXD

If only it were true.

But this is the AX 'fastest car in the world, ever'......

Reply to
SteveH

km/h? ;) I think i might be turning into a bit of a wuss. I used to take all my old cars to their absolute limit to see what they could do. In the last few years i just havent bothered. If i do think about doing it common sense takes over and i dont. Must be getting old :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Dunno what the quoted top speed for a corsa B is, but I've been in an 8v 1.2 and seen an indicated 120mph on the clock, granted it was down a long hill and its not something I would care to repeat anytime soon.

So you know when you are above the speed that kills children, causes lung cancer in rodent populations, alters global ocean currents and causes asteroids to suddenly and inexplicably redirect themselves on a collision course towards the earth causing death, destruction and a plague of anarchy upon all humankind.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hello,

About 90mph if you were using a GPS and being honest. That's on a flat road. It's not a fast car and the acceleration is something to yawn about while you're waiting. In the hands of a tracksuit clad boy racer they do at least 160mph and reach 60 in 5 seconds. Faster than anything else on the road if fitted with stupid glued on plastic bits, a big exhaust, induction kit to suck hot air from around the engine and lowered so the oversized wheels prevent proper handling and steering. The redline at 30 is probably to warn you that you're reaching it's maximum speed! Stick 4 adults in a Corsa and it will probably never do more than

80mph and take an eternity to reach 60. The only way to see how fast your 1.2 goes is to stick your foot down and try on a motorway, you might want to save up for something else instead.

Reply to
v2

Probably where you should be changing out of first gear.

Reply to
Doki

Should be just over 100mph. So on your Vx speedo, that means around 130mph! (they all did, and still do read stupidly fast...)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Heh, I've had 140 on the clock in the Merc, but it's not something I'd like to do on a regular basis. Revving a bit higher than is perhaps wise.

Meant to do 134, so I'm happy with that

As for Corsas, I've had 100 (indicated) out of a 1.0, 105 (ind.) from a 1.2,

108 (ind.) from a 1.4 and I didn't have enough faith in the 1.8' suspension to try.
Reply to
Pete M

Heh!

Me too. At first I thought it might be because they're capable of higher speeds than before, but then I remembered Cinq -> Mondeo TD -> Ka so that wasn't it. :-)

Reply to
DervMan

Thirded !

Reply to
Nom

"Vamp" wrote

I've experienced 150 mph in a Lancia Thema LS turbo. On the M1 near Northampton! Not my car and not me driving!

Reply to
fishman

I had my micra go off the clock the other week. Clock only goes up to 100 but is impressive stuff from a 1986 1 litre 4-speed micra

Reply to
fishman

about 120 with a good wind i'd have thought :o)

and the red line is to remind you that your probably speeding in a 30 limit.

Reply to
Mason

"Mason" wrote

Because it's a shopping trolley, most likely to be driving in a 30 limit!

Reply to
fishman

I imagine the red 30 is because it's the in town speed limit and that's where most corsa's drive.

Top speed, had 110 (Ind) out of the corsa B 1.6 16v on a flat private road but it could have went more.

Based on the gearing being roughly 3500 at 70 and 4000 at 80 and going up 500 rpm for each 10mph in 5th then top speed in theory would be about 130 @ 6500 revs but I don't know if the aerodynamics would allow that (or finding a road long enough).

Would do an indicated 120 easy enough I guess and that's fast enough for any car on the public highway let's be honest.

LL

Reply to
LiviLion

Seen 145 indicated on my GSi...